• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

I didn't even want to let myself daydream about this happening.....have loved Darnold for 2+ years, never ever thought this would be plausible.

What a legendary trade up that turned out to be.

Pretty cool rivalry if Fins get Rosen at 11

Great deal for Cards -- a 3rd and a 5th. I think Rosen will be the best QB from this class.

Darnold is more clear cut than Auston was.....Darnold would have gone #1 overall the year prior, had he not been too young.

Auston ended up being better than projected....which was to our fortune. Time will tell if Darnold can live up to the hype he's generated for 2+ years.

Kinda a lame semantical argument anyway....if one wanted to split hairs on such a throw away comment, Auston couldn't dream of impacting his teams fortunes in the manner a NFL QB can. Its apples & oranges.

Darnold is more clear cut than Auston was.....

I get that you love the guy, and he might prove you right but you're not making any sense. Darnold wasn't even the first QB drafted.

Auston couldn't dream of impacting his teams fortunes in the manner a NFL QB can. Its apples & oranges.

And by the way, you're the one who compared him to Auston. There is no comparison.

I said to a fellow Leaf/Jet fan that we just got our franchise player....again.

Darnold was the consensus #1 for 2+ years....is viewed by virtually all expects as thee franchise QB in this draft. We got unfathomable lucky two teams passed on him, and he fell in our lap.

If he pans out, his impact blows Auston Matthews out of the water and it's not even particularly close.

I said to a fellow Leaf/Jet fan that we just got our franchise player....again.

Darnold was the consensus #1 for 2+ years....is viewed by virtually all expects as thee franchise QB in this draft. We got unfathomable lucky two teams passed on him, and he fell in our lap.

If he pans out, his impact blows Auston Matthews out of the water and it's not even particularly close.

Sure. But there was no if with Auston.

Adding an "if he pans out" doesn't jive with "more clear cut than Auston was" .

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm glad your team got the guy you think is best. It's always a good feeling on draft day.

Bills drafted Edmunds to deal with guys like Gronk. I like it. Not too sure about Allen over Rosen though.

5 QBs in the first round. We'll see how it shakes out a few years from now. My money is on Rosen.

Back