• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Favourite Youtube videos

Crazy moment this morning at a professional surfing event. Former World Champion Mick Fanning was waiting his turn to go in the finale of the event, when he had an unexpected visitor.

[video=youtube;xWLddlTthm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=248&v=xWLddlTthm4[/video]

Last edited:
Jedi with a gopro

[video]https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t43.1792-2/11415404_958742977511097_356746771_n.mp4?efg=eyJyb HIiOjE3MjgsInJsYSI6Mjg3NH0%3D&rl=1728&vabr=1152&oh=3abbec0a786709f009aedd44d9a21e3c&oe=55ACB1F5[/video]

Dude plays Sweet Child o' Mine, including melody, rhythm and percussion, on TWO guitars. Amazing.

[video=youtube;Ok5d8nXAngw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5d8nXAngw[/video]

[video=youtube;TWfph3iNC-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k[/video]

Make sure to check out the 1:37 mark. Insane.

I know this was already shared but I couldn't resist. Definatly on my bucket list. Only I don't plan on going in between trees.

If it's on your bucket list, you better get on it. A good buddy of mine has been training to do shit like that for about 5 years now. You need ~250 jumps before anyone worth learning from will teach you how to do BASE. Once you've become a BASE jumper of note, (100's of jumps), then maybe someone worth learning from will teach you how to wingsuit....which then requires a ton of jumps out of a plane again before you're ready to BASE jump in a wingsuit.

My boy has been at it for 5 years hard, devoting most of his time off and all of his holidays to jumping off of shit all around the planet, and he's not doing runs like that in the video yet.

I was thinking the same thing. My brother in law just does regular solo sky diving and it took quit a long time to be qualified and regular maintenance dives / trips to the wind tunnel.

If it's on your bucket list, you better get on it. A good buddy of mine has been training to do shit like that for about 5 years now. You need ~250 jumps before anyone worth learning from will teach you how to do BASE. Once you've become a BASE jumper of note, (100's of jumps), then maybe someone worth learning from will teach you how to wingsuit....which then requires a ton of jumps out of a plane again before you're ready to BASE jump in a wingsuit.

My boy has been at it for 5 years hard, devoting most of his time off and all of his holidays to jumping off of shit all around the planet, and he's not doing runs like that in the video yet.

Ya it's insane how much $ and training you need. I'm moving provinces next spring going to really give it a go then. I was surprised when I looked it up a few weeks ago how much time it took. There are some base jumpers that have put on the suit without proper jumps. But I'll probably stick with the safe bet and stay off the mountain side

Anyone who puts on the squirrel suit without taking the time to master the skills necessary, is asking to end up a statistic. If you do it right, and have the time and money to do it, expect 3-4 years before you even start shopping for a suit.

My boy is a single, oil sands worker who makes good coin and works a 20/10 rotation....he spends pretty ****ing literally, every spare dollar and day he has on jumping off of shit. Whether it's money for a new rig, or flights/accommodation to wherever those types are congregating at the moment to jump off of shit. It basically dominates his life for 9-10 months of the year.

Then he's good. It could be his first jump...shit, don't even need a jump rig, just sew your own.

giphy.gif

I just don't understand how these guys go about finding these routes. Is there serious science (survey, elevation models, etc) behind it or do they simply give it the old Pronger "eye test"?

From what I understand, it's a bit of both. The experienced guys know their gliding capabilities and the hard numbers behind that and use that to plot routes from what has been explained to me.

I just don't understand how these guys go about finding these routes. Is there serious science (survey, elevation models, etc) behind it or do they simply give it the old Pronger "eye test"?

I've seen videos of Jed Corliss doing that same route 2 different times at a higher altitude. They plan a proximity flight like that.

Back