• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

This Croatia-Portugal game is horrible, horrible football. 0-0 after 105 minutes with neither team recording a single shot on target. The players on both sides were showered with jeers, whistles, and catcalls as they left the pitch for a brief respite, while the announcers are going on about how it will go down as one of the worst high-level football matches ever played.

This Croatia-Portugal game is horrible, horrible football. 0-0 after 105 minutes with neither team recording a single shot on target. The players on both sides were showered with jeers, whistles, and catcalls as they left the pitch for a brief respite, while the announcers are going on about how it will go down as one of the worst high-level football matches ever played.

Watching this game makes me wonder how people can like this sport.

This is what happens when you have 2 teams scared to death to lose, awful, unwatchable soccer. Yet some eurosnob will try and tell you this is more entertaining that any domestic soccer available.

Honestly..these tournaments often underwhelm..and I say this as someone that's a fairly big fan. 3 main problems. 1. A lot of these nations have less talent overall than the top to mid table clubs in the EPL/Serie A/La Liga ...and even if they are close to talent or even a bit more talent than..2. They don't have as good chemistry/preparation because these guys play so infrequently together. 3. Sometimes not the right mix of talent. Clubs can find a goal scorer if they really need one..nations, especially small ones, have to deal with what they have.

Yeah. An Irish pundit said that not one player on their roster would come close to cracking the French 23.

But, it was a bit of a battle, as expected. France is loaded with talent, but they aren't convincing yet.

Both Germany and Belgium collectively left no doubt today that they are the two tournament favourites. Completely dominating performances against Slovakia and Hungary as they both advance to the quarter-finals.

France's win sets up a likely quarters match against England, which is awesome for rivalry's sake.

Both Germany and Belgium collectively left no doubt today that they are the two tournament favourites. Completely dominating performances against Slovakia and Hungary as they both advance to the quarter-finals.

France's win sets up a likely quarters match against England, which is awesome for rivalry's sake.
Yeah. In my pool I have Belgium vs Germany in the final. Looking good so far. Wales pose a threat to Belgium. We'll see.

Back