• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

I was reading that Real Madrid may be after Neymar. Mbappe is nasty as well.

Nimrod Jr is likelier to go to RM. His dad my try to force the transfer right away, but I could also see PSG digging in to keep him for at least another year.

I don’t see Nimrod and Mbappé on the same team, long term. They would definitely get in each other’s way.

The other team that needs to make big decisions is Barça. Their key guys are on the wrong side of 30...

So uhhh...when does England hilariously implode under the first signs of actual pressure? Because the shit hasn't happened yet.

t5rdm.jpg

So uhhh...when does England hilariously implode under the first signs of actual pressure? Because the shit hasn't happened yet.

2-0 lead at half vs France/Belgium

2-1 lead in 80'th minute

2-2 heading to extra time

Own goal in extra time

Tie game back up in extra time

Miss every single penalty kick and lose.

For the first time that I can remember, they actually have a keeper who adds a lot of value. That position has led to some serious implosion in the past.

For the first time that I can remember, they actually have a keeper who adds a lot of value. That position has led to some serious implosion in the past.

I still remember Seaman allowing that goal from like 40-50 yards against Brazil a bunch of years ago. I think it was off of Ronaldinho's boot. But yeah, Pickford has been a beast in the competition so far.

[video=youtube;0oq974EmpBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oq974EmpBo[/video]

and that was probably a more talented English team than this one is. Prime Owen, semi sober Fowler coming off of his best year in a while, Beckham, Scholes, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, etc. All top class guys at their positions really.

Yeah, that's terrible.

That 2010 team was probably more talented than this group as well.

But they didn't have Pickford being a stud, with almost zero international experience before this tournament.

I was really hoping for a Brexit showdown for the finals, just to see England lose in a penalty shootout after holding a late lead or something. Belgium beating them in the finals would have been delicious.

The diving/flopping has been the worst its ever been in this tournament, though I find myself saying that every tournament.

Croatia ties it up!

Back