• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

IMO the Detroit thing is indicative of Dion's value around the league. Holland is no dummy. He was trying to dump a bad contract and take advantage of the Leafs position.

But the fact that he wasn't willing to move Smith and Weiss for Phaneuf is also pretty telling.

Renaud Lavoie: I'm told that the Maple Leafs are ready to keep part of Dion Phaneuf salary if traded.

Patrick Marleau probably wants to go to the Habs as much as Joe Thornton wants to go back to the Leafs.

Both those guys would probably rather play out their careers on the beaches of California for a losing team, rather than have to go perform in a hockey market.

:iagree:

Teams are only permitted to retain salary on three contracts max. You're already retaining salary on Winnik and Gunnarsson. That means if they retain on Phaneuf they couldn't on Lupul. I'd think they'd need to on Lupul and not on Phaneuf for a trade to happen.

Which is the root of the problem for the Sharks over the past decade.

In reflection of our situation, i think it tells us how we can never expect certain personalities to change, and if we don't think we have a good fit here it's better to tear it apart and rebuild sooner than later

Teams are only permitted to retain salary on three contracts max. You're already retaining salary on Winnik and Gunnarsson. That means if they retain on Phaneuf they couldn't on Lupul. I'd think they'd need to on Lupul and not on Phaneuf for a trade to happen.

Winnik's deal expires this summer so they could after that.

C'mon, with all these minor player player deals flying around, someone's got to be willing to trade a 7th rounder for David Booth or Olli Jokinen.

Neuvirth to the Isles for Johnson and a conditional pick.
LOL. I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant tank than Buffalo this year.

They've now dealt away both their #1 & #2 goalie for scraps, and I guess Johnson and his .889SV% is now their starter for the rest of the year.

LOL. I don't think I've ever seen a more blatant tank than Buffalo this year.

They've now dealt away both their #1 & #2 goalie for scraps, and I guess Johnson and his .889SV% is now their starter for the rest of the year.

Ours is pretty damn impressive in its own right, but yeah nobody's beating them out for the top pick.

Back