• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

The Anderson signing says more about what they think they have coming up behind Lehner than anything else. They now have two starting goalies locked up for the next few years, both on reasonable deals. Good work by Dorion and Murray.

I don't think the Sens can afford to do this. They are very much a budget team. I don't see this signing as a necessity at all.

Unless the Sens have a max-cap contract to handout in the next 2-3 seasons, they will be walking the line near the capfloor. They're going to have to spend money, may as well spend it on assets that are willing to stick it out during the tough times.

The Anderson signing says more about what they think they have coming up behind Lehner than anything else. They now have two starting goalies locked up for the next few years, both on reasonable deals. Good work by Dorion and Murray.

That's definitely... a way to look at it.

The bad contract they sign will be the one they give to bobby ryan.

$8m longterm for a 55pt winger is gonna be a killer.

It appears Sens fans are speculating about 6.5 for 8 years. No idea where they got that information though.

Supposedly there are two deals on the table. One for 2-3 years, another much longer.

There are a couple of blogs I read now. I don't go to hftards at all, not even to read as I feel they don't deserve my clicks.

Supposedly there are two deals on the table. One for 2-3 years, another much longer.

There are a couple of blogs I read now. I don't go to hftards at all, not even to read as I feel they don't deserve my clicks.

That's what I read on HFboards. His agent's doing a really shitty job if that's what he gets.

I wonder if Ryan is worth more than the $7 Million you'll be paying Clarkson during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.

Probably.

I wonder if non-Leaf fans are ever going to figure out that comparing one of their contracts to the worst contract in the league doesn't help them in any argument.

Probably not.

I wonder if non-Leaf fans are ever going to figure out that comparing one of their contracts to the worst contract in the league doesn't help them in any argument.

Probably not.
I also wonder if Johnny's ever going to learn that every other team in the league isn't as broke-ass and penny-pinching as his own. Which means that the actual salary that Clarkson's getting paid in any given year is completely meaningless; the only thing that matters to the Leafs is his cap hit. The cap hit, of course, is still awful beyond imagining for a useless piece of shite like Clarkson, but there's a large difference between $5.25M and $7M.

Ryan should be worth more than Clarkson, but less than Kessel. So means he should end up signing in the 7.5M a year range for 7-8 years, then, right?

Probably not.

I'm sure I've just missed it but I don't think Hab fans make a habit of it.

Back