• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

Don't be shocked if the Isles were interested too. Franson would be a pretty ideal guy to add to their group as well.

That would be a type of deal that the leafs are looking at to "retool" young players under 24 or at least first round picks in this draft.

I haven't followed Reinhart much lately, but at one point he was looking like a possible Luke Schenn type. Too high a pick for his skill set.

Crazy stuff right now; apparently Nonis began talks for Richards and it was Shanny that stepped in and said Clarkson has to go other way in any deal.

If this is true Nonis should be fired

Not to excuse Nonis, but the guy who should be fired is Steve Kasper, who championed the signing of Clarkson for his 'intangibles' and probably pumping Richards tires with Nonis. Get this guy the **** out of here!

Franson's value is very high. And I just can't see him as a guy who would do this every year of his new big fat contract he's about to sign.

So show him the door.

Not to excuse Nonis, but the guy who should be fired is Steve Kasper, who championed the signing of Clarkson for his 'intangibles' and probably pumping Richards tires with Nonis. Get this guy the **** out of here!

Richards' intangibles include not keeping himself in shape, looking finished at 29 and enjoying nose candy.

All that folks for only 5.75 million for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
If it's due to his personal issues, he may be able to turn it around, but I wouldn't want to take a chance on that unless they take Clarkson in return.

Dude has played 828 games in 10 seasons including the playoffs. He may be doing drugs, but it's just as likely his body is breaking down. That's a lot of mileage on a guy that isn't big and plays a physical game. He just might be done at this point as an impact player because there is nothing left to give. Either way, stay away.

Joking aside, yes, his body type and style of play usually does mean you're career hits the wall earlier, in your late 20's/early 30's.

I also think Ryan Kesler is looking like that for a similar reason.

Dude has played 828 games in 10 seasons including the playoffs. He may be doing drugs, but it's just as likely his body is breaking down. That's a lot of mileage on a guy that isn't big and plays a physical game. He just might be done at this point as an impact player because there is nothing left to give. Either way, stay away.

If it's for Clarkson, you taking the chance that Richards finds jesus and the gym over the chance of Clarkson developing hockey IQ. I doubt Richards' contract is the bullet proof, buyout proof stroke of genius that Clarkson's agent negotiated either, so at worst we're in the same position we wish we were in with Clarkson.

If it's for Clarkson, you taking the chance that Richards finds jesus and the gym over the chance of Clarkson developing hockey IQ. I doubt Richards' contract is the bullet proof, buyout proof stroke of genius that Clarkson's agent negotiated either, so at worst we're in the same position we wish we were in with Clarkson.

The salient point.

I've been saying that for a long time now. our pro scouting has been an embarassment. Why Kaspar is still here is a continuing mystery.

For Clarkson sure, for Dion hell no.

Griffin Reinhart is grossly overrated. I think it was worm that mentioned that by the time he finished his Junior career, he wasn't even the #1 d-man on his own team.

If you're getting a prospect from the Islanders, go for Adam Pelech and see if you can get the rights to sign Kirill Petrov from Russia.

Back