• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

Still 5 to 7 teams waiting on making moves with others who have made moves still looking. Prices will be high tomorrow

Not so sure. If they are then players won't be moving. That is unless some GM panics, ours won't.

I'm surprised all these crazy returns that you've guessed low on hasn't convinced you yet.

Convinced me of what? I've already said I'm surprised at the returns but there is also the law of diminishing returns and simple economics. As buyers dwindle price falls.

I am a firm believer that Bergevin will stand pat before overpaying.

Sure, eventually you'll be right and there'll be no buyers left. Still think there's a few teams that have been quiet and the Rangers really upped the ante tonight getting Yandle. I guess I just find it funny that you've guessed low on so many players and still sound so confident in your ability to tell us all what to expect.

I'm telling you what to expect out of the Habs. It's apparent other GMs are spending crazy this year. There are no guarantees your acquisition will get you any further in the playoffs.

As I said, I firmly believe Bergevin will not pay these prices. He won't be giving up a first for a rental or multiple picks and prospects for a rental. He may for a top six guy with term but who knows if that'll happen.

He had a plan and has proven that he well stick to it time and time again.

It's my opinion that Bergevin will wait for the last minute and see if he can score players at his price. If he can't he'll pass. I said this earlier on the Habs board earlier today.

I'm telling you what to expect out of the Habs. It's apparent other GMs are spending crazy this year. There are no guarantees your acquisition will get you any further in the playoffs.

As I said, I firmly believe Bergevin will not pay these prices. He won't be giving up a first for a rental or multiple picks and prospects for a rental. He may for a top six guy with term but who knows if that'll happen.

He had a plan and has proven that he well stick to it time and time again.

Killer wasn't talking about the Habs, he just said prices will be high tomorrow. You said you're not sure. If you just want to limit it to the Habs, then sure. Maybe he'll do nothing.

The way I see it is this... Vanek was expected to get far more than he did. Eventually it will be close to closing time and GMs will either close the shop or put items on sale. The key is the desperation level of the buyer and seller.

The way I see it is this... Vanek was expected to get far more than he did. Eventually it will be close to closing time and GMs will either close the shop or put items on sale. The key is the desperation level of the buyer and seller.

How early the frenzy started tells you everything you need to know about the desperation level of the buyers this season. A lot of GM's (rightly?) see the lack of a dominant team and see the legit possibility of making a deep run into the playoffs, and were trying to beat the market before the saturation of buyers drove prices mental.

Back