• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

Chris Johnston: Don Meehan tells Sportsnet that there are no plans to continue negotiating a long-term deal for Subban before the arbitrator's award.

They can still negotiate, but once the arbitrator hands down their decision in 48 hours, it will be final.

Meehan just stated on sportsnet that they will not have anymore negotiations for a long term deal with the Habs until the arbitrators decision.

Just read on Tim and Sid

They apparently have decided to stop talking

Shanny and Dubas should have been parked in a brinks truck outside of the building.

"Oh hi PK, hope you're meeting went well!"

PK may as well let the arbitrator decide. Next year too. Then he essentially gets a 9-10 year deal instead of 8 and gets a massive UFA contract.

Bob McKenzie
MTL has been using every tool in the CBA tool belt (bridge contract/salary arb) on Subban. Subban's primary CBA tool is going to UFA.

FreshBurritosInstantly.png

Why dick around your best player? What can they gain by screwing Subban around to get an 8 year 8.5mil vs an 8 year 9.25 deal... that little extra cap space used on a star will not hurt you in the long run.

I'm pissed off about this. Unless if the reports we were seeing were way off on how far apart we were, I have a feeling management really screwed us over.

In fairness, I'm not surprised an NHL team was really harsh on Jeff O'Neill during arbitration. I don't think it necessarily means they all have to get to that extreme - clearly however the Preds approached arb with Weber didn't sour the relationship. Hopefully for the Habs' sake they were smart enough to keep it pretty respectful.

Back