• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Updates and Rumours from around the League

Fleischmann makes $4.5M and is a UFA at season's end, Heatley makes $1M.

But it also means that if they don't make the playoffs then Tallon has really only spent a 2nd round pick on Jagr.

But Heatley can't even cut it in the AHL right now.

If you got Jagr, this trade makes no sense.

Bergenheim & Fleishmann for Jagr, essentially.

Dany Heatley has 2 goals in 25 games in the AHL, so I doubt the Panthers will bother calling him up.

Florida traded: Fleischmann, Bergenheim, a 2nd rd pick in 2015, a 3rd rd pick in 2016, and a 7th rd pick in 2016

Florida received: Jagr, Heatley, and a 3rd rd pick in 2015.....

....so they're out a 2nd round pick this year and a 7th round pick next year.

Its mostly conditioning nowadays, unless you are supertalented like a Kessel or a kane, you have to work out like a mad dog to stay competitve in the NHL or even the AHL. Kessel told Carlyle and Spott(who is best friend of a good friend of mine) to bugger off when they told him he looked like he had eaten donuts all summer long. I bet there are very, very few Kessels out there who can afford to come in with a pouch. Most NHLers and AHLers are in phenomenal shape.

Heatley strikes me as a lazy, partying Wellwood type, I would not put him on any NHL roster now. IMO.

Larry Brooks believes the Leafs are "forcing" Bozak on the Rangers, but believes it could get done for Zuccharello+ with the Leafs flipping Zuccharello somewhere else.

we trade bozak and I'm stoked.

none of the other contracts bug me, and I don't mind any of the other contracted players in their roles - I.e. Kessel #1W, jvr/loops #2/3W, phaneuf #1/2D, Jake #2/3D, Polak/Robi #4/5D, Komo #5/6W.

Its mostly conditioning nowadays, unless you are supertalented like a Kessel or a kane, you have to work out like a mad dog to stay competitve in the NHL or even the AHL. Kessel told Carlyle and Spott(who is best friend of a good friend of mine) to bugger off when they told him he looked like he had eaten donuts all summer long. I bet there are very, very few Kessels out there who can afford to come in with a pouch. Most NHLers and AHLers are in phenomenal shape.

Heatley strikes me as a lazy, partying Wellwood type, I would not put him on any NHL roster now. IMO.

I remember when Heatley was scoring a ton of goals in Ottawa, I would watch him play and really wonder how a guy that looks that bad can possibly put up the numbers that he did.

He was awful back then other than his one timer that was remarkable hard and accurate.

I'll be shocked if Phaneuf is still on the roster next fall, if not by Tuesday. It would be a pretty serious indictment of our advanced stats dept. if he wasn't on the need to move list.

If the Leafs can get Zuccarello + for Bozak, I'll be doing the snoopy dance.

Back