• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

do they?

the church keeps saying nobody should be able to teach the kids anything except their parents. and priests of coruse.

If the motive was to punish innocent people because they allegedly live a life that the perpetrator doesn’t, in this case sexually, then yes, this is a terrorist act.

I think the problem with the PUA (picking up artists for everyone else) groups is that when the congregate they tend to get really angry and misogynist in appearance (how many people in a community need to be douche bags before the entire community looks like it's 100% douche bag?)

There were some douchebags in those communities, but there were also decent men, guys with wives and families who also tried to help these guys.

And while it was geared to banging as many chicks as possible, if guys wanted to figure out long term relationships, or help with marriage there was something for them too.

Granted, it was not those men who got all the attention. It was the douchebags who talked about women like they were pieces of meat.

Its a shame, because that community is pretty much dead or underground now, and socially awkward loners could use it.

do they?

the church keeps saying nobody should be able to teach the kids anything except their parents. and priests of coruse.

Yup. They do. Being educated by the church community is very important to a lot of people.

I'm a bigger fan of publicly funded educational systems than I am of organized communities like the church.

CTV News has confirmed that Yonge Street attack suspect Alek Minassian was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces from Aug. 23, 2017 until October 25, 2017. Minassian did not complete his recruit training and requested to be voluntarily released after 16 days of recruit training.

Couldnt finish basic...

Yup. They do. Being educated by the church community is very important to a lot of people.

I'm a bigger fan of publicly funded educational systems than I am of organized communities like the church.

I'm a bigger fan of all of the community being part of the community.

CTV News has confirmed that Yonge Street attack suspect Alek Minassian was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces from Aug. 23, 2017 until October 25, 2017. Minassian did not complete his recruit training and requested to be voluntarily released after 16 days of recruit training.

Couldnt finish basic...

Like this guy
maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
Is his agenda truly trying to help or is he just trying to make a name?

I think he at least started off legitimately trying to help. His youtube videos were clearly never intended to be viewed millions of times. As his fame grew though and some of his messages started to tweak people he's ideologically at odds with, I think he's shifted gears a bit to want to inject his personal brand into the common consciousness as a method of combating ideas he's very much opposed to. That this is leading to higher book sales and a broader media reach isn't hurting his feelings at all though.

I'm reserving character judgement here on how he manages from this point onward tbh. If he takes the easy route and basically becomes the Deepak Chopra to the incel community, I think it will colour my judgement of his character during the entire story arc. If he does his best to remain intellectually honest, support free speech without being too preachy about "the left", and continues to focus on helping young men cope in a world that is leaving them behind, I think it will speak a bit better of his potential motivations from the onset.

This is all new to me so I have to ask the obvious, aren’t there also incel women? Wouldn’t it be beneficial to both sides to get together and have a mixer? Or are the incel revolution guys only interested in women above their pay grade?

This is all new to me so I have to ask the obvious, aren’t there also incel women? Wouldn’t it be beneficial to both sides to get together and have a mixer? Or are the incel revolution guys only interested in women above their pay grade?

We're getting beyond my knowledge of their culture here.

My hot take on it though would be that it's way, way easier for an unattractive woman to get laid than an unattractive man. Now, I'm sure incel women exist, but I doubt the communities are even close to the same size.

You can make that argument, but the issue is the reaction of the intel.

I worked with the Ministry of Community and Social Services for years. These domestic situations of going postal like this situation is essentially exclusively done by men.

I will wait for the men's right activists around here to frantically look for the one or two outliers....

We're getting beyond my knowledge of their culture here.

My hot take on it though would be that it's way, way easier for an unattractive woman to get laid than an unattractive man. Now, I'm sure incel women exist, but I doubt the communities are even close to the same size.

Alcohol is the great equalizer on that point no?

Like the old joke goes...

What’s the difference between a dog and a fox? About six drinks.

I’d say that applies to both natural sexes.

I don’t think anyone can deny testosterone plays a huge factor. Women simply don’t have any in abundance.

Used to be.

Sleeping with drunk chicks these days is rape.

Yeah, but you're still ascribing a higher level of social intelligence to them than they have, also discounting how reinforced in their shitty behaviours they are buy other broken members of their very welcoming community.

You're also looking at this logically. It very much is a mental health issue.

there should be but I think they get mad they can't get prime females and for many cannot even pull in hood rats

Back