Page 1966 of 1995 FirstFirst ... 9661466186619161956196419651966196719681976 ... LastLast
Results 39,301 to 39,320 of 39891

Thread: OT: The News Thread

  1. #39301
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    67,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oscarheyman View Post
    This has to be a fake (I mean, there really can't be people out there like that?):

    https://www.boredpanda.com/woman-ret...ign=BPFacebook
    that is awesome

    stick it to those big box stores
    ...

  2. #39302
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    85,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Costco is different man...stick it to Wal-Mart sure, but the guys paying their people good wages and being relatively conscientious corporate citizens...nah
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  3. #39303
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    67,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Costco is different man...stick it to Wal-Mart sure, but the guys paying their people good wages and being relatively conscientious corporate citizens...nah
    love costco (especially the warranty)

    but if you have the balls to return a christmas tree you are the best
    ...

  4. #39304
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Looks like James Franco might be next to go down.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  5. #39305
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Looks like James Franco might be next to go down.
    Some of the complaints about him seem like crap. One who was dating and ****ing him says she got into his car and he pushed her head down to blow him which she hadn't done yet.

    Two others were taking a sex scene acting class with him and complain he wanted them to get nude.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  6. #39306
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    85,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Looks like James Franco might be next to go down.
    He's good looking...it's not going to go down like that.

    What this whole saga should have taught anyone is, if you're not attractive, don't try to get away with the shit attractive guys can. The problem is, if you aren't particularly attractive and you still have enough ability with women to pull out of your league, you're walking a tight rope of inappropriate behaviour as far as initiating touch, content of conversation, etc. James Franco can "get away" with things Louis CK couldn't possibly.

    Let's just look at a list of recent to semi recent sex scandals shall we?

    Harvey Weinstein (I don't even know if prime Brad Pitt could get away with this douchebags list)
    Louis CK
    Gene Simmons (like, this year...so not rock star Gene Simmons, fat old 68 yr old Gene Simmons)
    Morgan Spurlock (the funny looking guy from Super Size Me)
    TJ Miller (funny looking guy from Deadpool)
    Jian Ghomeshi
    Ryan Lizza (John Oliver look alike who works for WAPO)
    Alex Kozinski (Former Cali Judge, 67 yr old fat guy at the time)
    Donald Trump (has been an old fat douche for 25+ years)
    Mario Batali (I love watching the guy cook...but an attractive man he is not)
    Warren Moon (Not superstar quarterback Warren Moon, wrinkly 61 yr old Warren Moon)
    Ruben Kihuen (congressman from Nevada...37 yrs old and easily the best looking guy on the list so far...but a 5'10 mexican guy)
    Russell Simmons
    Matt Lauer
    Charlie Rose
    Al Franken
    Roy Moore
    Brett Ratner, Andy Dick, Spacey, Piven,

    I could go on, but after doing a bunch of digging, the closest thing to a pretty mother****er getting accused was former backstreet boy Nick Carter about an incident in 2002 (so more or less at the height of their fame or close) and Affleck for grabbing a titty in 2003.

    You're trying to tell me that not a single pretty mother****er got out of line this year? It was only goofy looking ****s acting inappropriate? Now don't get me wrong, there are some serial predators in that list and I'm not even remotely trying to suggest that they deserve anything but jail for what they did. But I have a hard time believing that pretty mother****ers aren't doing the same (non predatory) shit goofy looking mother****ers are doing.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  7. #39307
    Legend Wayward DP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    He's good looking...it's not going to go down like that.

    What this whole saga should have taught anyone is, if you're not attractive, don't try to get away with the shit attractive guys can. The problem is, if you aren't particularly attractive and you still have enough ability with women to pull out of your league, you're walking a tight rope of inappropriate behaviour as far as initiating touch, content of conversation, etc. James Franco can "get away" with things Louis CK couldn't possibly.

    Let's just look at a list of recent to semi recent sex scandals shall we?

    Harvey Weinstein (I don't even know if prime Brad Pitt could get away with this douchebags list)
    Louis CK
    Gene Simmons (like, this year...so not rock star Gene Simmons, fat old 68 yr old Gene Simmons)
    Morgan Spurlock (the funny looking guy from Super Size Me)
    TJ Miller (funny looking guy from Deadpool)
    Jian Ghomeshi
    Ryan Lizza (John Oliver look alike who works for WAPO)
    Alex Kozinski (Former Cali Judge, 67 yr old fat guy at the time)
    Donald Trump (has been an old fat douche for 25+ years)
    Mario Batali (I love watching the guy cook...but an attractive man he is not)
    Warren Moon (Not superstar quarterback Warren Moon, wrinkly 61 yr old Warren Moon)
    Ruben Kihuen (congressman from Nevada...37 yrs old and easily the best looking guy on the list so far...but a 5'10 mexican guy)
    Russell Simmons
    Matt Lauer
    Charlie Rose
    Al Franken
    Roy Moore
    Brett Ratner, Andy Dick, Spacey, Piven,

    I could go on, but after doing a bunch of digging, the closest thing to a pretty mother****er getting accused was former backstreet boy Nick Carter about an incident in 2002 (so more or less at the height of their fame or close) and Affleck for grabbing a titty in 2003.

    You're trying to tell me that not a single pretty mother****er got out of line this year? It was only goofy looking ****s acting inappropriate? Now don't get me wrong, there are some serial predators in that list and I'm not even remotely trying to suggest that they deserve anything but jail for what they did. But I have a hard time believing that pretty mother****ers aren't doing the same (non predatory) shit goofy looking mother****ers are doing.
    this is a very interesting point, and one that I had not thought about until you raised it. now I'm not sure where I stand quite yet. I think I'm inclined to agree with you, but I'll mull it over a bit more first...

  8. #39308
    ADMINuteman Habspatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lookin for a place to happen
    Posts
    79,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    He's good looking...it's not going to go down like that.

    What this whole saga should have taught anyone is, if you're not attractive, don't try to get away with the shit attractive guys can. The problem is, if you aren't particularly attractive and you still have enough ability with women to pull out of your league, you're walking a tight rope of inappropriate behaviour as far as initiating touch, content of conversation, etc. James Franco can "get away" with things Louis CK couldn't possibly.

    Let's just look at a list of recent to semi recent sex scandals shall we?

    Harvey Weinstein (I don't even know if prime Brad Pitt could get away with this douchebags list)
    Louis CK
    Gene Simmons (like, this year...so not rock star Gene Simmons, fat old 68 yr old Gene Simmons)
    Morgan Spurlock (the funny looking guy from Super Size Me)
    TJ Miller (funny looking guy from Deadpool)
    Jian Ghomeshi
    Ryan Lizza (John Oliver look alike who works for WAPO)
    Alex Kozinski (Former Cali Judge, 67 yr old fat guy at the time)
    Donald Trump (has been an old fat douche for 25+ years)
    Mario Batali (I love watching the guy cook...but an attractive man he is not)
    Warren Moon (Not superstar quarterback Warren Moon, wrinkly 61 yr old Warren Moon)
    Ruben Kihuen (congressman from Nevada...37 yrs old and easily the best looking guy on the list so far...but a 5'10 mexican guy)
    Russell Simmons
    Matt Lauer
    Charlie Rose
    Al Franken
    Roy Moore
    Brett Ratner, Andy Dick, Spacey, Piven,

    I could go on, but after doing a bunch of digging, the closest thing to a pretty mother****er getting accused was former backstreet boy Nick Carter about an incident in 2002 (so more or less at the height of their fame or close) and Affleck for grabbing a titty in 2003.

    You're trying to tell me that not a single pretty mother****er got out of line this year? It was only goofy looking ****s acting inappropriate? Now don't get me wrong, there are some serial predators in that list and I'm not even remotely trying to suggest that they deserve anything but jail for what they did. But I have a hard time believing that pretty mother****ers aren't doing the same (non predatory) shit goofy looking mother****ers are doing.
    When James Franco hits on an attractive young lady she's more likely to be flattered. Even if he's a little rude about it... they are less likely to be appalled. Hell, there's a good chance that she will follow through. When a Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump, Charlie Rose... ect do it... well they're going to be freaked the **** out.

    Like you (basically) said though, there's no doubt that a Franco or Affleck could be a predator and way overstep... it's just going to be for less frequent. Cause the line is a lot further away for them.

  9. #39309
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    85,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    When James Franco hits on an attractive young lady she's more likely to be flattered. Even if he's a little rude about it... they are less likely to be appalled. Hell, there's a good chance that she will follow through. When a Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump, Charlie Rose... ect do it... well they're going to be freaked the **** out.

    Like you (basically) said though, there's no doubt that a Franco or Affleck could be a predator and way overstep... it's just going to be for less frequent. Cause the line is a lot further away for them.
    I see three reactions to this incoming: 1) rich, powerful men whose careers depending on maintaining some semblance of public face will act right going forward. There's just too much risk not to 2) They will almost entirely stop hiring women to work in positions that require close contact/collaboration if they have the ability to do so 3) the prostitution golden age will be upon us. When funny looking rich white guys don't feel comfortable making an awkward pass at women anymore, it will just become another purely transactional part of their life.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  10. #39310
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    145,532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    I can see that.

    Especially the last two points. IMHO there will always be enough idiots out there that won't learn from recent trends to keep the accusations flowing.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  11. #39311
    Legend zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    75,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    best new website: https://faithleaks.org
    #FreeVladdyJr

  12. #39312
    Legend Deckie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    34,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    best new website: https://faithleaks.org
    Yup. They can all burn.

  13. #39313
    Legend zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    75,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Newsweek @Newsweek
    A passenger who wore ten T-shirts to avoid excess baggage fees was booted off a flight in Iceland bit.ly/2ESqexf



    #hero
    #FreeVladdyJr

  14. #39314
    Legend Wayward DP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    Newsweek @Newsweek
    A passenger who wore ten T-shirts to avoid excess baggage fees was booted off a flight in Iceland bit.ly/2ESqexf



    #hero
    was booted off two flights on successive days, I read. BA eventually refunded him the ticket.

  15. #39315
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    67,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    that would be soooo warm
    ...

  16. #39316
    Legend Deckie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    34,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    Newsweek @Newsweek
    A passenger who wore ten T-shirts to avoid excess baggage fees was booted off a flight in Iceland bit.ly/2ESqexf



    #hero
    Pfft. I use a backpack suitcase that's carry-on size. Used it for 10 + day travel no problem

  17. #39317
    Legend Wayward DP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckie007 View Post
    Pfft. I use a backpack suitcase that's carry-on size. Used it for 10 + day travel no problem
    pretty sure he bought a fare that allowed no free carry on. this was his way around having to pay...

  18. #39318
    Legend UWHabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    16,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckie007 View Post
    Pfft. I use a backpack suitcase that's carry-on size. Used it for 10 + day travel no problem
    I've gone on a 6-week trip using only a small roller-bag (carry-on size) plus a laptop bag. The key is just not caring what you wear when you travel (seriously, do you actually need 10 shirts for a trip?)

    But yeah, on the real discount airlines, you don't even get the 2nd carry-on, and are only allowed just a small backpack/laptop case/purse. But wearing 10 shirts is a little aggressive to save what's usually a 25$ charge...

  19. #39319
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    85,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckie007 View Post
    Pfft. I use a backpack suitcase that's carry-on size. Used it for 10 + day travel no problem
    Yeah, I don't get the whole hero thing here...with a few amazon purchases (vacuum bags, compression sacks, packing cubes etc) and a couple youtube videos you can pack everything you would reasonably need for a 10-15 day trip in a rolling carry on and "personal item" aka laptop bag or backpack.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  20. #39320
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    Newsweek @Newsweek
    A passenger who wore ten T-shirts to avoid excess baggage fees was booted off a flight in Iceland bit.ly/2ESqexf



    #hero
    cheap ass
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Page 1966 of 1995 FirstFirst ... 9661466186619161956196419651966196719681976 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •