• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

It's really surprising that this POS didn't wait till just before the game when there would be thousands of people gathered together.

Concrete planters are actually a nice way to make it more difficult for this to happen without making public spaces feel like an open air prison.

Yeah, but you need enough space to have them out to not block the sidewalk. But yeah, as with the normal case of bike lanes for cars, the more things and the more space between cars and everything else, the better for everyone involved. A painted line doesn't stop people all that often.

While this piece of shit deserves to be dead... the cop that took him down without firing a shot is a freakin hero. That's phenomenal policing. Huge kudos to him.

I do not think he deserves to be dead.

I would not be shocked if "they" told him to do it.

If he isn't crazy than death is too easy IMO.

does the guy look arab to you guys? i lean yes but can't tell.

the audio on the arrest video wasn't great, but he definitely sounded accented. Dark looking complexion in the videos/pictures I've seen. Also the M.O being used by Islamically inspired jerk offs the last couple years as well.

I didn't want to jump to judgement initially. I see stories of out of control vehicles plowing a group of people on the street a couple of times a year internationally. But a 3km drive on the sidewalk mixed with aggressively trying to get paradise'd ticks a lot of the boxes man.

the audio on the arrest video wasn't great, but he definitely sounded accented. Dark looking complexion in the videos/pictures I've seen. Also the M.O being used by Islamically inspired jerk offs the last couple years as well.

I didn't want to jump to judgement initially. I see stories of out of control vehicles plowing a group of people on the street a couple of times a year internationally. But a 3km drive on the sidewalk mixed with aggressively trying to get paradise'd ticks a lot of the boxes man.

but it's just a matter of time before non-muslim psychos co-opt this tactic i think.

I wouldn't be upset if the cop had shot him in this case, but that is my emotion talking. Cop did the right thing, knew the loser wasn't a threat, or maybe was afraid that the cell phone would activate a bomb or something to that effect.

I meant that more in a "nobody would have shed a tear for the guy if the cop took him out" sort of way. It would have been completely justifiable.

Awesome job by the cop to not do the "easy" thing.

I wouldn't be upset if the cop had shot him in this case, but that is my emotion talking. Cop did the right thing, knew the loser wasn't a threat, or maybe was afraid that the cell phone would activate a bomb or something to that effect.

Yep. Unlike that guy on the train or bus a few years ago I do not think anybody would fault the cop if he shot him.

From the video it looks like he wanted to be shot so good on the cop for not giving him his wish.

but it's just a matter of time before non-muslim psychos co-opt this tactic i think.

Agreed. Though I think they'll continue being a bit more targeted in their attacks (political opponents, religious folks they don't like, etc). Muslim attackers seem to just be cool with randomly selecting targets because for the hardcore religion muslim, everyone who isn't muslim is on the menu and if they do happen to get a few muslims as part of their attack, allah will bless them so they actually did those dead people a favour by killing them.

Back