• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

I've always found it impossible to pick a fave by him. One day it's one song and the next it's soemthing different.
Yep. I kind of feel the same way about all of his projects, too.

I mean, most guys are part of at least one ill-conceived group at some point, but Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave...I love them all.

The one thing I haven't checked out as much is his solo stuff, but I guess I'll probably be doing that in the days to come.

I'm pretty sure I like his solo work better than audioslave but I might be getting some tunes mixed up.

I've always been an Alice In Chains guy, but all of those Grunge Era bands collaborated with each other.

[video=youtube;QoHsR4IlUk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoHsR4IlUk8[/video]

Here's to Alice Mudgarden

well I guess he at least did not stab himself in the heart (twice)

Pretty Noose seems like a song that will get a lot of attention now

well I guess he at least did not stab himself in the heart (twice)

Pretty Noose seems like a song that will get a lot of attention now

Unlike with Michael Hutchence or David Carradine, I have not heard it was any kind of auto erotic asphyxiation that went wrong.

Poor guy just decided he was better off dead. Sad.

true

the timing seems weird to me

you would think him making it through the 90s would set him free from suicide

you would not think he would perform a show and killing himself a few hours later

true

the timing seems weird to me

you would think him making it through the 90s would set him free from suicide

you would not think he would perform a show and killing himself a few hours later
Huh, so there are better times for suicide? I can see that. Hitler waited too.

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room...-contruct-sokal-style-hoax-on-gender-studies/

That’s how we began. We used this preposterous sentence to open a “paper” consisting of 3,000 words of utter nonsense posing as academic scholarship. Then a peer-reviewed academic journal in the social sciences accepted and published it.

This paper should never have been published. Titled, “The Conceptual Penis as a Social Construct,” our paper “argues” that “The penis vis-à-vis maleness is an incoherent construct. We argue that the conceptual penis is better understood not as an anatomical organ but as a gender-performative, highly fluid social construct.” As if to prove philosopher David Hume’s claim that there is a deep gap between what is and what ought to be, our should-never-have-been-published paper was published in the open-access (meaning that articles are freely accessible and not behind a paywall), peer-reviewed journal Cogent Social Sciences. (In case the PDF is removed, we’ve archived it.)

Pair of researchers troll the shit out of the pay to publish peer review model in general and the prevalence of that model in disseminating gender studies papers in specific, by posting a clearly fake paper on "the conceptual penis as a social construct".

Enjoy.

Back