• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

the fact that macron won so handily despite being not all that good is an even clearer rejection of le pen's nonsense.

nonsense like this?

marine-le-pen-headscarf.jpg

Gotta laugh at a guy who basically showed up here to defend/take habsy's place....the guy who owns this site...and now, cause he's having another hissy fit, he's "spamming" habsy's site.

Nobody is going to tell you to stop, you're not going to be able to say ,"but zeke...."
If you can't beat them, join them.

When in rome

the fact that macron won so handily despite being not all that good is an even clearer rejection of le pen's nonsense.

Do you even like about Macron other than not be Le Pen?

He's a former banker turned president with autocratic tendencies who to date has stuck it to the little guy and seems to be willing to risk his own personal Waterloo or sedan in order to take down French labour unions.

Not the guy I see you going out of your way to defend.

Which is why you don't see me going out of my way to defend.

As long as people are aware that if Macron fails to live up to expectations and is in hollande territory by the end of his term, French populists and anti establishment parties and leaders are going to say that they were right all along.

And next time people may be more inclined to agree with them.

Yeah that one is funny. Christmas is massive and for most of December I hear people saying "merry Christmas" 50 times a day. Yet somehow I see 100 posts on Facebook saying "I'm not afraid to say Merry Christmas" or "blah blah war on Christmas."

I always say Merry Christmas and I have never once in my life been told not to... who is stopping people? I guess it's cause a lot of businesses say "happy holidays" or "seasons greetings?" But isn't that up to them? They can say "merry Christmas" if they choose but they choose to be more inclusive.

exactly

You haven't been following have you?

Complete cluster**** on the UK end so far, to the point that the EU has suggested they break off talks until the UK has its shit together. The predicted economic slowdown seems to be showing its face now after mark carney was able to push it back with some brilliant handling of the interest rate and a liquidity injection right after the vote.

Ko

is that even a word?

Noun[edit]
ko (uncountable)

(game of Go) a local shape to which the ko rule applies, a ko shape
Black gets an easy game by just filling the ko.
(game of Go) ko fight
Black wins the ko easily.
(game of Go) a stone in a ko in atari, a ko stone
Black recaptures the ko and white has to find another ko threat.

Back