• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

[video=youtube;WtxTe1Tetmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtxTe1Tetmo[/video]

This is the park behind my house on monday evening.

Nobody died, but it turns out he was barreling around with the bed up, truckers that saw him tried to CB him, tried to let him know, but I guess he was too drunk to care.
In other words, just luck that nobody died.

So...uhhh...yeah, this ****ing happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8b8680-25f4-11e4-8b10-7db129976abb_story.html

Liberian officials fear Ebola could soon spread through the capital’s largest slum after residents raided a quarantine center for suspected patients and took items including bloody sheets and mattresses.

The violence in the West Point slum occurred late Saturday and was led by residents angry that patients were brought to the holding center from other parts of Monrovia, Tolbert Nyenswah, assistant health minister, said Sunday.

Up to 30 patients were staying at the center and many of them fled at the time of the raid, said Nyenswah. Once they are located they will be transferred to the Ebola center at Monrovia’s largest hospital, he said.

West Point residents went on a “looting spree,” stealing items from the clinic that were likely infected, said a senior police official, who insisted on anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the press. The residents took medical equipment and mattresses and sheets that had bloodstains, he said. Ebola is spread through bodily fluids including blood, vomit, feces and sweat.

“All between the houses you could see people fleeing with items looted from the patients,” the official said, adding that he now feared “the whole of West Point will be infected.”

A mob was out front chanting "there is no ebola" prior to storming the clinic. There is a common rumour circulating some of the less educated parts of west africa that the ebola story is a front for a western organ theft. There's another competing rumour that the ebola outbreak is real, but it was brought by the westerners...because ebola didn't happen there before the westerners came.

I'm a pretty kind hearted guy at the end of the day, but when people start throwing rocks at aid workers, blaming them for bringing ****ing ebola to the continent...maybe it's time to pack up shop and let the ebola outbreak run it's course.

So...uhhh...yeah, this ****ing happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8b8680-25f4-11e4-8b10-7db129976abb_story.html

A mob was out front chanting "there is no ebola" prior to storming the clinic. There is a common rumour circulating some of the less educated parts of west africa that the ebola story is a front for a western organ theft. There's another competing rumour that the ebola outbreak is real, but it was brought by the westerners...because ebola didn't happen there before the westerners came.

I'm a pretty kind hearted guy at the end of the day, but when people start throwing rocks at aid workers, blaming them for bringing ****ing ebola to the continent...maybe it's time to pack up shop and let the ebola outbreak run it's course.
That is ****ing crazy.

And yeah, I'm not stone-hearted either, but when a mob loots Ebola infected mattresses, sheets and medical supplies from a clinic, that sounds a lot like natural selection at work. The real shame is all the other, not necessarily insanely stupid people that will get infected as an indirect result of this.

Back