• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

You need to calm down. Holy shit.

My problem is with the corrupt Israeli Government, not the people or country. I mean, how long can they keep pushing the envelope before the rest of the world has to say no more. They are walking a fine line.

And can I just say, your over the top response is basically the same response BiBi gives to justify anything he does no matter how wrong or corrupt. The holocaust happened, it should never be forgotten or allowed to happen again anywhere. However, its not a blank cheque for Isreal to do whatever it wants like it has been doing under BiBi.

if you do not choose your words carefully you should not be surprised with the response you get

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...-massachusetts-vermont-and-new-hampshire.html

The idea that there may be a super volcano brewing under Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire is something of a surprise.

“Our study challenges the established notion of how the continents on which we live behave,” Professor Levin says. “It challenges the textbook concepts taught in introductory geology classes.”

The region is geologically stable. There are no active volcanoes.

So the massive magma build-up must be a relatively recent event.

But, in the timescale of Earth’s geological processes, this still means tens of millions of years.

How unfortunate that one country has not one, but two supervolcanos.

Another fine example of Toronto drivers' exemplary driving skills:

streetcar.jpg

This happened yesterday on St. Clair West (my neighbourhood): https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...between-streetcar-pole-on-st-clair-ave-w.html

Hilarious roflmao I use to hate riding my bike into toronto cause of the idiots but i hated going through montreal more cause they are just frigging wild. (Turn signals are optional there) but I think toronto has at least caught up to them now. That is why I stopped and sold the harley. To much crap.

I cycled around Toronto for about 25 years (including commuting to York U from downtown). I shudder when thinking about it now. Won't even consider riding around this city any longer. It's overrun by commuters racing in and out every day and just a pile of completely incompetent drivers. Licensing is way too lax and enforcement virtually non-existent. It's now the norm to go the wrong way down one way streets. Stop lines ... pfft.

Just curious ..... and i dont know if this is allowed here. O have 6 boxer puppies left. 4 weeks old. All shots and papers with them. All registered with ckc. Anyone interested?

If my old girl didn’t detest other dogs I’d be game. She’s 13 though and dog aggressive. We will have to wait until she’s crossed the bridge.

Ya that is hard to bring another sometimes. These little guys have already started learning from the old 3.
The good thing about boxers is they a fantastic with kids.
We just brought in 20 chicks and the dogs just love playing and chasing them lol

Admids all the political doom and gloom there is some good news today.

Four of the young boys who have been trapped in the Thai caves have been rescued. The link has some pretty good discriptions of the long and difficult effort. Hopefully, the other boys will get out safely before the weather hampers the rescue mission.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44757804

The expected natural progression of Brexit is moving along nicely

- Pro Brexit camp lies it's face off and gains slight majority support
- **** you Europe, we're out
- Wait..what, there are consequences?
- Public finds out the Brexiteers were lying ****ing liars all along
- People responsible for the lying widely mocked for their role in it (Nigel Farage specifically)
- Politicians try to calm everyone by claiming they'll be able to get a good deal
- MoarRussianCollusion.exe found in the program
- Politicians fail to get a good deal, and a good deal for Britain looks remote. The "hard Brexit" the public was promised would never happen, looks as likely as the anti brexit people told the public it was going to be
- Politicians start to abandon ship

As the reality of what Brexit always has been and always meant becomes clearer and clearer, as the bullshit starts to fade and the reality sets in, more and more of the english (and I say the english as the Scots have always been cool with the EU and want to remain) are sliding towards "remain" and "undecided" when polled on it now.

I think they said a total of 8 are out now.... as of this morning. But isnt there a monsoon or something on the horizon that may complicate matter even further.

The expected natural progression of Brexit is moving along nicely

- Pro Brexit camp lies it's face off and gains slight majority support
- **** you Europe, we're out
- Wait..what, there are consequences?
- Public finds out the Brexiteers were lying ****ing liars all along
- People responsible for the lying widely mocked for their role in it (Nigel Farage specifically)
- Politicians try to calm everyone by claiming they'll be able to get a good deal
- MoarRussianCollusion.exe found in the program
- Politicians fail to get a good deal, and a good deal for Britain looks remote. The "hard Brexit" the public was promised would never happen, looks as likely as the anti brexit people told the public it was going to be
- Politicians start to abandon ship

As the reality of what Brexit always has been and always meant becomes clearer and clearer, as the bullshit starts to fade and the reality sets in, more and more of the english (and I say the english as the Scots have always been cool with the EU and want to remain) are sliding towards "remain" and "undecided" when polled on it now.

Yep, the rats have started bailing. Do they still keep pushing through, or does the opposition find a way to stop them actually leaving?

Yep, the rats have started bailing. Do they still keep pushing through, or does the opposition find a way to stop them actually leaving?

There's some rumbling of the May minority government falling over this mess. Early response from May is to double down by promoting two heavy pro brexit types to the posts that the 2 major resignations left open today. Boris is resigning because he apparently refuses to be part of a process which turns the UK into a "colony" (interesting choice of words...) of the EU, which is what the hard core brexit types is claiming a soft brexit will bring about. There are rumblings that this move by Boris is just so he can make a move on May's leadership position.

So how long does the opposition put up with this?

I think they said a total of 8 are out now.... as of this morning. But isnt there a monsoon or something on the horizon that may complicate matter even further.

I believe that the on coming monsoon is the reason they decided to push ahead more quickly with the rescue attempt.
Just heard on the news that divers are back in the cave and the final group are expected out sometime today.

Back