• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

Jian's lawyer is a superstar. I think he walks. Broke. Unemployed. And no longer popular with the ladies.

Jian's lawyer is a superstar. I think he walks. Broke. Unemployed. And no longer popular with the ladies.

I doubt that. If anything, his notoriety will probably get more women throwing themselves at him. Now's he's a legit bad boy.

Charles Manson is marrying some 20 year old skank. Paul Bernardo gets love letters in jail. Ted Bundy had groupies.

Then his book will come out with "his side".

I think he'll survive this mess. Even if he does time, he'll come out ok.

Wait for his union grievance to win, and cbc pays him a big severance to go away rather than be forced to take him back.

I doubt that. If anything, his notoriety will probably get more women throwing themselves at him. Now's he's a legit bad boy.

Charles Manson is marrying some 20 year old skank. Paul Bernardo gets love letters in jail. Ted Bundy had groupies.

Then his book will come out with "his side".

I think he'll survive this mess. Even if he does time, he'll come out ok.

Except Jian never seduced anyone based on being a violent neanderthal alpha male. His schtick was intellectual artiste, new age/feminist dude.

So, Michael Brown's mother is up on charges for attacking her ex-mother in law.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...elony-armed-robbery-charges-article-1.2001373

Also, her new husband, the guy who said "burn this town to the ground" recently got out of prison and is apparently involved with a gang.

Brown was really raised by his Grandmother most of his life.

I do not see this being reported by the mainstream media. Well, a bit on Fox.

Last edited:
I honestly have no words for this story....

When neighbours asked about her husband, curious about the 52-year-old man’s seeming disappearance, Kaling Wald would tell them he was “in God’s hands now.”

Peter Wald, 52, died “probably around March 20th” last year, according to the agreed statement of facts read out in court Monday. He’d suffered from diabetes and his left foot had become infected. But he had refused to go to the hospital and believed God would cure him.

He went into a coma, she says, and days later she noticed his stomach bloating and signs of rigor mortis on his forehead.

She then left him — his body covered with two blankets, his head with a toque — in the bed and padlocked the bedroom door.

Kaling sealed in the door and the vents with duct tape to protect her family from the smell of the cadaver. And then for six months, life went on and they prayed for their dead husband and father in the bed upstairs as they awaited his return.

“It’s an extremely sad case . . . she truly believed her husband was going to be resurrected from the dead, even after six months,” said assistant Crown attorney Janet Booy.

The family has since moved to Fort Erie, Ont. With the criminal case behind her, she says she can finally grieve the loss of her husband and move past the attention the strange case received.

“It was unusual, yes. It was certainly not normal. And we won’t do that again . . . laws exist and we know that now.”

But she still believes strongly in resurrection, and says there have been many “documented” cases of it around the world. Her faith was not shaken by the legal consequences, she says.

“In fact, it has cast me more at the mercy of God, because he is the ultimate judge.”
As brutal as all that is, I think this is almost the worst part of the article:

The Children’s Aid Society was called in too but they found no concerns for the well-being of the couple’s children and the case was closed.

Everyone living in the home — Kaling, five of her six children ages 11 to 22, and seven other adult friends — were interviewed by police. Each provided a consistent account of his death and their religious belief that he could be resurrected.
Now, I know that as a society, we have to respect peoples' choice to believe in Space Santa and his alter-egos JC & The Invisible Man...but come the **** on. This raving ****ing lunatic is going to be allowed to raise six other human beings?

I wonder if the resurrection angle was a ploy. I mean, did they just board him up to ride out a disability cheque?

No they actually believed he would be resurrected. The CAS ruling also baffles me but when it comes to religion they've shown that they're reluctant to do anything.

Do you know much about the case? Was the husband on disability? I have a hard time believing that anyone could buy the ressurection angle.

So, Michael Brown's mother is up on charges for attacking her ex-mother in law.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...elony-armed-robbery-charges-article-1.2001373

Also, her new husband, the guy who said "burn this town to the ground" recently got out of prison and is apparently involved with a gang.

Brown was really raised by his Grandmother most of his life.

I do not see this being reported by the mainstream media. Well, a bit on Fox.

It just pisses me off this ******* said that. Someone could have been killed. Having his Step Son killed does not give him a free pass at all.

Fair question. I'd say we'd want to avoid any chatter about NATO or joint military adventures that should keep the lid on crazy stuff.

The rouble collpased again when the markets opened today, but has since recovered with rumours that the RCB interevened. Hopefully this means they've had to liquidate more of the foreign reserves. The trick here is to impose fairly severe economic penalties to starve the miltary budget and hurt their business sector which is the backbone of the kleptocractic ruling class.

Anyway, thr cost of Russian bond insurance just jumped by 100 basis points. Good.

Back