• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

I wish the cop had of done the easy thing.
I wouldnt shed a tear if more easy instances were to happen.
I am a white male who rides Harleys and at one time had a different set of ethics. I spent a lot of my formative years in prison ( collins bay, millhaven, joyceville as well as the old don, new don, west, east. Millbrook guelph and mickyhurst) and i can say without question that i have been pulled over, harrassed needlessly and in general, been assaulted by the law.
We as a society have turned into such pussies
If a cop shoots someone trying to cause harm on another person what does society want? To try and rehabilitate? A chance to make there lives worth something? To provide them with an opportunity to do what?
Now i am sorry about this vent, and it has been awhile for me since my past was my future, but enough is enough.
Fuxk trudeau and his reintergration and rehabilitation ..... because revidisism is at an all time high and people who only understand violence only understand one thing.... strength.
You shoot john or jane doe in cold blood you die. You rape children you die. You commit an act of terrorism which results in casualties ... you die.
I dont care if the guy was white or black or pink with purple poke a dots you die.
Sorry about this rant but enough ..... we all came to this country from somewhere else, even the first nations came from somewhere else, abide by the rules, respect the population and try to adapt to the rules and regs and laws which use to govern this country. If not then leave or get kolled if you pull shit like this.
I remember 30 years ago when a woman down by fieldgate committed suicide. He was found by this muslim guy and he pulled her into the bushes and started having sex with her. He got caught and the cops roughed him up a bit. When he came in he got beaten up pretty good .... the ****ing guys got off because the judge determined that he haf under gone a tramatic experience because of the violence he suffered. Wtf.
The outlawed work boots in the common areas in prison because a friggen molester who burned out a kids eye with a cigarette got beaten to a pulp by the other inmates. But once again .... everyone wants to HELP these pieces of shit.
So, i have never been partial and/or a lover of cops. But i have always respected the job they did. So when our first inclination is too watch to see if there is any brutality towards the cocksucking piece of shit that runs down innocent people by the cops, i have to shake my head and laugh.
BTW i cant stand trump and i try not to be a racist, i am not some brainiac like many of you on this board, but i can tell you from a perspective that very very dew of you would have ... your not going to change most of these people and i vote shoot them.

It also needs to be said that nobody gives a **** about this piece of shit and the quality of the rest of his life. I don't care if they rough him up a little. But as others have mentioned, sometimes these things happen to an innocent person and while the idea of a Judge Dredd sounds interesting in theory, it would go wrong eventually. 100% of the time.

This isn't about "rehabilitation". It's about a hero cop doing a brilliant job in the toughest of circumstances, and now they can interrogate this guy and find out if others were involved, and if so hunt them down too. At the end of the day, we're all human beings and a person must clearly have serious mental problems to do something like this. It's a tragic result for everybody involved. Maybe he's evil, maybe he's just crazy, most likely a combination of the two, but he will have to live with this for the rest of his life. Which is way, way harder than just getting shot and killed.

A lot of people see an incident like this and want to know why. The truth is, there is no why. The world is full of randomness and evil and there's only so much anybody can do about it.

I know you reacted because you're upset, and that's okay. We're all upset. But just understand that "our first inclination" is absolutely not to watch and see if there's been any brutality towards the perpetrator. That's just dumbing down an extremely complex issue into a soundbite. It's just a shitty horrific act with absolutely zero silver linings for anybody involved.

Kind of weird that an ex-con is proposing instant death penalty at the scene of the crime.

Yeah, I am impressed with the cop not playing judge, jury and executioner. It would have been a lot "easier."

I'm not happy this piece of shit is still alive per se... but I prefer cops don't kill anyone if they can avoid it.

Rehabilitation? Institutionalize? Get the f*ck out of here wasting time and resources on garbage. this guy is going into PC and won't get touched. Send him in with the rest of the inmates and see how long he survives.

Probably will have to be watched around the clock as to not kill himself.

Society is f*cked. Everyone has rights apparently.

Rehabilitation? Institutionalize? Get the f*ck out of here wasting time and resources on garbage. this guy is going into PC and won't get touched. Send him in with the rest of the inmates and see how long he survives.

Well yeah, that's what "rule of law" means.

Like I said previously, it's all fun and games until the government decides that it's whatever you do that doesn't warrant protection from extreme punishment. If you prefer a more corporal society, there are plenty on the planet to choose from to live in.

Funny how they tend to be shit places to live though.

Everyone should have rights.

We, as a society, should not become the evil that we seek to bring to justice.

I wonder how often a cop is certain the guy he arrests is guilty but turns out to be wrong.

Imagine if they killed all of the people they are certain are guilty. I could see some pretty massive mistakes.

Like I said, nobody would have shed a tear for this POS... but that cop did his job brilliantly... and if all cops handled standoffs like this our society would be a lot better off.

Like I said previously, it's all fun and games until the government decides that it's whatever you do that doesn't warrant protection from extreme punishment. If you prefer a more corporal society, there are plenty on the planet to choose from to live in.

Yeah.

I get the emotional response, but that's why we cannot live with mob rule. Police, military, those with the powers with life and death in their hands should not be making decisions based on emotion.

So we're looking at another triggered basement dweller? More or less the same as the quebec mosque kid?

Thank goodness.

I mean, it sucks that this happened, but at least people aren't going to be going out firebombing mosques and such.

Never heard of incel before. These guys need to seriously watch a bunch of early Bill Murray movies, develop a little irony and get a basic sense of humor to impress the dolls.

Yeah seriously. People that want the judge/jury/executioner don't realize what that leads to.

Who are you following on the twatter for this stuff?

CBC report

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

A Facebook post by a man with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term that stands for "involuntarily celibate."

Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

Deadly van 'attack' not part of organized terror plot, says Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale
The posting that appears to be by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

Back