• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

They want the west to bomb the shit out of the caliphate so that a full scale muslim war can start. Problem is, the Muslim would lose a full scale war against non-muslims. If they manage to unite the Chinese, Russians, Americans and the rest of NATO then they're truly ****ed.

Chinese won't be able to stay neutral if the militants get their wish of an all out jihad, Muslims against the world. It's their goal.

There's a certain amount of difficulty in provoking China. It's a more or less ethnically homogeneous society with pretty strict social controls. They do the type of shit that Trump threatens he'd do. Oh, you want to bomb something? Cool, we don't care if you blew yourself up, we're going to throw your entire family in jail to pay for it. There's no hiding in public for non Chinese people, pretty intense scrutiny on internet and social media usage, and they could give a **** about immigration.

Basically, all the rights and freedoms the west allow that China doesn't, are more or less required for islamic terrorists to do the provoking.

I haven't heard anything about a beheading. He had his throat slit though. 92 years old. Imagine living the full breadth of your life for that long only to be murdered in your own country by radicalized, extremist thugs who worship a death cult?

Truly disgusting.

France is going to have to undertake serious measures to ensure that this sort of terrorism does not continue unabated. People have a right to feel safe in their own nations.

They are smart enough to avoid provoking the Chinese.

China doesn't pussyfoot around with the jihadis found in their most remote Western provinces bordering Central Asia (it's about an even Han/Uyghur split in the autonomous regions or a slight Uyghur majority). Whenever instances of terrorism occur, they bring down the overwhelmingly powerful full force of the state and, just like Russia, they have no compunction about eliminating entire cells, families, or communities that harbour them.

Looks like ISIS is trying to push Marine Le Pen a bit higher in the polls.

They're probably salivating at the recruitment numbers they might get in France if a fascist, white nationalist government is elected.

Anyone that would join a terror network because they don't like the government in power in a developed, modern First World nation probably doesn't require much pushing in order to be a security threat in the first place.

Anyone that would join a terror network because they don't like the government in power in a developed, modern First World nation probably doesn't require much pushing in order to be a security threat in the first place.

Maybe in the short term, but if you're, say, an 18 year old brown man who has come of age with a government that blatant hates you and is advocating for you to be physically removed from your society, don't you think you're a hell of a lot easier to radicalize than someone growing up under and Obama/Trudeau ultra inclusive leader?

Germany is an incredibly inclusive society and that still hasn't prevented attacks there or growing radicalization. Same for Sweden.

Not sure where this is the case. Germans from a government/public standpoint may be, but from an individual standpoint they are most definitely NOT inclusive to these refugees/foreigners. I don't think you realize what goes on at ground level for some of these refugees. I've traveled extensively in Germany and have many relatives and friends there.

Europe has inclusive people for sure, but many are closet racists.

Not sure where this is the case. Germans from a government/public standpoint may be, but from an individual standpoint they are most definitely NOT inclusive to these refugees/foreigners. I don't think you realize what goes on at ground level for some of these refugees. I've traveled extensively in Germany and have many relatives and friends there.

Europe has inclusive people for sure, but many are closet racists.

I would agree with this. My experience in Europe generally was that they were very inclusive politically, but far less so on an individual basis. To me, Canada, well urban Canada for sure, has a totally different attitude towards minorities. Much more open and less derisive.

I'd say this inclusiveness talked about in Canada is heavily overstated. Majority of people in Canada understand the need to be politically correct and show a non-discriminatory attitude publicly. The beauty of Canada is that we have such a diverse group here that it affords me the luxury of having many friends of different cultures and beliefs. The funny part is that after many conversations with people and hanging out in their cultures/with their family and friends you do see the divisiveness between people. I don't see anything wrong with that. People are comfortable with things and people they are familiar with.

These days everyone is so afraid of saying the wrong thing. Everyone gets hurt feelings nowadays or they present it as hurt feelings just to have something to talk about. People see differences in people. The problem is when you act differently because of those differences.

Back