Page 1897 of 1938 FirstFirst ... 8971397179718471887189518961897189818991907 ... LastLast
Results 37,921 to 37,940 of 38756

Thread: OT: The News Thread

  1. #37921
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    65,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
    In other news, North Korea basically killed that US student who stole a banner last year: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/otto-wa...died-1.4168166

    At some point, you almost feel like the rest of the world just needs to go in and liberate them from whatever crappy existence it must be in that country.
    ...

  2. #37922
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    81,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
    In other news, North Korea basically killed that US student who stole a banner last year: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/otto-wa...died-1.4168166

    At some point, you almost feel like the rest of the world just needs to go in and liberate them from whatever crappy existence it must be in that country.
    Why would anyone travel there?
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  3. #37923
    Hall of Famer Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    5,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Let's see what Trump says and does with the north koreans. a lot of talk but **** all with the fact that china and the russians silently support the NK

  4. #37924
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Why would anyone travel there?
    I actually have two different sets of friends that travelled to N. Korea. They were curious. They're seasoned travellers.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  5. #37925
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    81,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    I actually have two different sets of friends that travelled to N. Korea. They were curious. They're seasoned travellers.
    Your friends are weirdos.

    It's an impoverished shit hole with maybe the worst government on the planet and every dollar spent in tourism goes directly towards helping that **** tighten his grip on the country. The curiousity of seeing a dystopic shit hole should surely go away after looking at a few pictures of any one of the 100's of vastly superior destinations to spend time elsewhere on the planet.

    If you've got an erection for totalitarianism, go to Cuba (like, the real Cuba, off resort). At least the food is good, the women are sexy and the weather is great.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  6. #37926
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Your friends are weirdos.

    It's an impoverished shit hole with maybe the worst government on the planet and every dollar spent in tourism goes directly towards helping that **** tighten his grip on the country. The curiousity of seeing a dystopic shit hole should surely go away after looking at a few pictures of any one of the 100's of vastly superior destinations to spend time elsewhere on the planet.

    If you've got an erection for totalitarianism, go to Cuba (like, the real Cuba, off resort). At least the food is good, the women are sexy and the weather is great.
    Don't judge, amigo. They're both very smart, well read, hedonistic hombres. This was just a trip -- a short one at that. Also about 10 years ago, before Vice and other outlets gave us a peek inside.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  7. #37927
    Legend JohnnyHolmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
    In other news, North Korea basically killed that US student who stole a banner last year: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/otto-wa...died-1.4168166

    At some point, you almost feel like the rest of the world just needs to go in and liberate them from whatever crappy existence it must be in that country.
    They need some freedom.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Why would anyone travel there?
    Pussy.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    - George Carlin

    Make America Great Again!

    - President Elect Donald J. Trump

  8. #37928
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    a friend spent a few years in SK and so took a trip into NK... this was about 6-8 years ago. she snapped some pics which, in retrospect (and obviously), could have gotten her in a lot of trouble.

  9. #37929
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    81,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    Don't judge, amigo. They're both very smart, well read, hedonistic hombres. This was just a trip -- a short one at that. Also about 10 years ago, before Vice and other outlets gave us a peek inside.
    Fair enough, still seems like a goofy decision to me though.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  10. #37930
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    81,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHolmes View Post
    Pussy.
    Meh, I've back packed through cartel country in Mexico as a 6'1 250 guero...I don't blend into shit there. It's an entirely different thing when you have to be afraid of the government that runs the place though.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  11. #37931
    Legend JohnnyHolmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    I spent a day in the DMZ a couple of years ago. Went down one of the tunnels they found. I wouldn't set foot in North Korea.
    Last edited by JohnnyHolmes; 06-19-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    - George Carlin

    Make America Great Again!

    - President Elect Donald J. Trump

  12. #37932
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Fair enough, still seems like a goofy decision to me though.
    Not on my bucket list either.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  13. #37933
    Legend JohnnyHolmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Meh, I've back packed through cartel country in Mexico as a 6'1 250 guero...I don't blend into shit there. It's an entirely different thing when you have to be afraid of the government that runs the place though.
    You misunderstood. I meant pussy.

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    - George Carlin

    Make America Great Again!

    - President Elect Donald J. Trump

  14. #37934
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    81,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Kind of tough to smash when you have a government provided minder standing behind you the whole time....I mean, unless that's your thing.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  15. #37935
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Kind of tough to smash when you have a government provided minder standing behind you the whole time....I mean, unless that's your thing.
    you don't meet anyone there that they don't want you to meet
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  16. #37936
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    141,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Shut up, fag
    Tsk tsk. Racist homophobe.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  17. #37937
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    141,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leaffan2005 View Post
    It's interesting that you have such a problem with petty insults, but no issue with somebody celebrating the death of innocent Muslim lives.
    It's interesting that you make assumptions that you can't back up.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  18. #37938
    Legend leaffan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    It's interesting that you make assumptions that you can't back up.
    You had no issue with asshat saying the people deserved what they got. A couple of people call each other dumb and your panties got twisted in a knot.

  19. #37939
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    141,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Lol. You seem to think you know what other people think. Do you know you're extremely arrogant or are you oblivious to that fact?
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  20. #37940
    Legend leaffan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: The News Thread

    Whatever man. I honestly don't care it's just funny how you back peddle when you get called out on your hypocrisy.

Page 1897 of 1938 FirstFirst ... 8971397179718471887189518961897189818991907 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •