• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leaf Rumours

I would be absolutely shocked if Hagman landed a 1st rounder. I think we are looking at a 2nd rounder + decent forward prospect in return

If that's the case, then first round picks are way, way over valued and we shouldn't be looking for one in return anyway.

Then you don't trade him. The guy is capable of 30 goals and he's relatively cheap.

It's been said over and over, but do you know what the odds are of drafting a 30 goal scorer in the later 1st round?

Everyone seems to be under this impression that it's probable to get a Getzlaf or a Perry or a Carter in the back end of the 1st round, when really thats just not realistic.

Mid to late first round picks seem to get more over rated each year.

Hagman has never scored 30 goals and has never cracked 45 points. Sorry but thats not getting a 1st round pick.

And if the Isles can get a 1st for Chris Campoli and the Ducks can get a 1st for Shane O'Brien -- the Leafs can get a first for Hagman.

You guys do this every year. Sure there are examples of teams getting high value for marginal players, but they are the exception. Every year there are like 10 of these guys traded around the deadline and yet you guys seem to cling to the 2 or 3 that have for some reason or another gotten overvalued.

If the Panthers can get Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish and Kavasha then surely the Leafs can get Lundqvist and Gabborik for Hagman and Gunnerson.

Hagman is a proven scorer at this point, and a very valuable member of the team. He's young, and he can keep this up for probably another 5 years. I don't want to trade him at all. After Kessel, he's the most skilled guy on the team, and signed through next year for a reasonable amount.

Unless a very good 1st rounder comes back (not some bs 28th overall), I wouldn't even think about trading him right now.

You guys are talking crazy! Hagman isn't that good. Yea he scores some goals but he certainly is not worth a 1st round pick. Never going to happen. And keep this up for 5 years?! I don't see a 35 year old Hagman scoring at this rate. Who's talking here JFJ?

Who cares what you see or don't see?

The guy is a 30 goal scorer at least. Signed and relatively young.

Like I said, I don't even want to hear the offer if it's a 2nd rounder or some middling prospects.

I agree. If a good deal comes along then I'd trade hagman, but right now he's one of the only scorers we've got. Isn't he on pace for more than 30 goals this year?

He just missed two years ago, was on pace to do so last year, and is on pace for 40 this year.

When I was 14, I was on pace to make the NHL ...... I never made it

If he was 21, and putting up his numbers, I would say, he has tremendous upside. As it stands now, he is at his peak, and I predict he won't hit 30

With this said, I like the guy, and I wouldn't trade him. As mentioned above, he's one of our most skilled guys, and for the price we got him ....hang onto him. You trade guys like him away, and we are destined for a last place finish.......come to think of it, maybe Boston would be smart to trade us their first for him. This way, they stand a greater chance to get first overall, and still have a 25-29 goal scorer come next year :)

It's not about upside, it's about talent and opportunity. On this Leafs squad, Hagman will be able to top 30 this year, no problem.

I say trade him while his value is high...

the problem with the leafs (or should i say the fans) is that we always look to trade while the player is under-performing. Meanwhile we should be looking to trade them when they are performing their best.

Take for instance our displeasure with Kaberle last season and how we would've traded him for a package no where close to what we could get for him this year, and now that Kaberle is playing a little over his head points-wise we see no reason to trade him and should probably resign him.

Its the "what have you done for me lately' syndrome that has us clouding our judgement sometimes.

Vinny's the guy to target I think.

With Stamkos exploding like he has, I bet the Lightning would be a lot more willing now to trade their 8 million dollar 2nd line centre.

I would love it but you can be sure Tampa is not letting him go without a 1st rounder being involved and we don't have an abundance of those laying around

Back