• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New York Yankees (2010-2013)

hairnova

News Breaker
YES-NYY-yankeelogo.jpg

New York Yankees

The New York Yankees are a professional baseball team based in the borough of the Bronx, in New York City, New York and are a member of Major League Baseball's American League East Division. One of the American League's eight charter franchises, the club was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1901 as the Baltimore Orioles, and moved to New York City in 1903, becoming known as the New York Highlanders before being officially renamed the "Yankees" in 1913. From 1923 to 2008, the Yankees' home ballpark was Yankee Stadium, one of the world's most famous sports venues. In 2009, they moved into a new stadium, also called "Yankee Stadium"... The franchise is the defending World Champion of Major League Baseball and lead the League in both revenue and titles, with 27 World Series championships and 40 American League Pennants. They have more championships than any other franchise in North American professional sports history, passing the 24 Stanley Cup championships by the Montreal Canadiens in 1999. Throughout the team's history, the franchise has produced some of the most celebrated players in Major League history, including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, and Yogi Berra. The franchise has seen 44 of its players inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, and the Yankees have retired the numbers of 16 of its players... The Yankees have achieved widespread popularity and a dedicated fanbase, although they have acquired a polarizing reputation for their heavy spending in pursuit of winning. Their rivalry with the Boston Red Sox is arguably the fiercest and most historic in North American professional sports. To support the Yankees and expand their media coverage, the dedicated television channel YES Network was launched in 2002, and it has become a large source of revenue for the franchise.

Official Site: http://www.yankees.com/

Re: New York Yankees

YES-NYY-header.gif

Opening Day Roster:

Lineup:
1. Derek Jeter - SS
2. Nick Johnson - DH
3. Mark Teixeira - 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez - 3B
5. Robinson Cano - 2B
6. Jorge Posada - C
7. Curtis Granderson - CF
8. Nick Swisher - RF
9. Brett Gardner - LF

Bench:
Francisco Cervelli - C
Ramiro Pena - INF
Marcus Thames - OF
Randy Winn - OF

Rotation:
1. CC Sabathia - LHP
2. A.J. Burnett - RHP
3. Andy Pettitte - LHP
4. Javier Vazquez - RHP
5. Phil Hughes - RHP

Bullpen:
Mariano Rivera - closer, RHP
Joba Chamberlain - RHP
Chan Ho Park - RHP
David Robertson - RHP
Alfredo Aceves - RHP
Damaso Marte - LHP
Sergio Mitre - RHP

DbUC8hiR.gif

matchup.png
at-1.jpg
matchup.png

Records:
Yankees (0-0)
Red Sox (0-0)

Date:
April 4th, 2010.

Time:
8:05 pm/et.

TV:
YES, ESPN2

Starting Pitchers:

NEW YORK:
282332.jpg

CC Sabathia
(0-0, 0.00)

BOSTON:
277417.jpg

John Beckett
(0-0, 0.00)

Lineups:

NEW YORK:
1. Derek Jeter - SS
2. Nick Johnson - DH
3. Mark Teixeira - 1B
4. Alex Rodriguez - 3B
5. Robinson Cano - 2B
6. Jorge Posada - C
7. Curtis Granderson - CF
8. Nick Swisher - RF
9. Brett Gardner - LF

BOSTON:
1. Jacoby Ellsbury - LF
2. Dustin Pedroia - 2B
3. Victor Martinez - C
4. Kevin Youkilis - 1B
5. David Ortiz - DH
6. Adrian Beltre - 3B
7. J.D. Drew - RF
8. Mike Cameron - CF
9. Marco Scutaro - SS

Welcome to pinstripes, Curtis... Granderson hits one over the bullpen in right-center. 2-0 Yanks.

booooooo...

obviously, i hate both teams, but i have beckett in a fantasy league for work. he's my only player goin today, so naturally i want him to NOT give up two ****ing home runs!

Yes it was... I'm siked to have him on the team this year, damn good ball player.

lol, last guy to hit a home run in his first at-bat with the Yankees (before Granderson tonight) was Cody Ransom.

yeah granderson's awesome. even while he was with detroit, who i love to hate, i had to love him. great player to watch.

nice job doubling up the runner. granted it's WAAAAAAAY early, but the yankees look good right now.

Back