• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New York Yankees (2010-2013)

Re: New York Yankees

It's hard to believe that Jeter is the 1st Yankee with 3000 hits. Is he just the first to do it in a Yankee uniform? Surely there most be other Yankees who hit that mark, but perhaps did it with another club. I'm just glad he didn't do it against Cleveland!!!

Yeah, first to do it as a Yankee...and only player to have all 3,000+ hits in pinstripes.

Yikes, that was close. Shoppach gives one a ride that Granderson catches up against the wall in center.

Are there no other Yankees who accomplished that while with another club? I'm not a stats guy, but I have to wonder about Reggie Jackson and his hit total?

Four other players who played for the Yankees are members of the 3,000 hit club.

Paul Waner (1944-1945), Dave Winfield (1981-1990), Rickey Henderson (1985-1989) and Wade Boggs (1993-1997).

Thank you Hair. I knew there had to be others who made it that far, just not with the Yankees at the time they made it. In any event Big Congrats to Jeter on accomplishing the feat! And huge props to the fan that let him have the ball back.

postgame.jpg

Yankees 5, Rays 4.

WP: David Robertson (2-0)
LP: Joel Peralta (2-4)
SV: Mariano Rivera (22)

-----

BATTING:
2B: Jeter (13), Nunez (8)
HR: Jeter (3)
RBI: Jeter (24), Martin (36), Granderson (63), Cano (57)
LOB: 9.

BASERUNNING:
SB: Jeter (8), Gardner (23)
CS: Jeter (3)

-----

Player(s) of the Game:

68_116539.png

Derek Jeter

He stole a base AND got caught stealing? That's a busy day on the base paths for Derek. Any stats he didn't figure in?

Joelsherman1:

- Have learned Yankees recommendation is A-Rod gets knee surgery and he also is leaning that way before second opinion.

- If A-Rod opts for surgery, Yankees will look at outside options, but first choice is Nunez and possibly to promote Laird.

If you're going to get a milestone hit, I'd assume you'd want that to be a homerun. Congrats Jeter.

darrenrovell: Guy who caught Jeter ball got: 4 suite seats for rest of season ($60,000), 3 signed jerseys, 3 signed bats & 3 signed balls.

GAME #88:

tb.png
at-2.jpg
nyy.png

(49-40)************(52-35)

-----

Date:
July 10th.

Time:
1:05pm/et.

TV:
YES.

-----

pitchers.jpg

TAMPA BAY:
68_448306.png

James Shields
(8-6, 2.47)

NEW YORK:
68_282332.png

CC Sabathia
(12-4, 2.90)

-----

lineups.jpg

TAMPA BAY:
1. Ben Zobrist - 2B
2. Elliot Johnson - SS
3. Evan Longoria - DH
4. B.J. Upton - CF
5. Sean Rodriguez - 3B
6. Kelly Shoppach - C
7. Casey Kotchman - 1B
8. Brandon Guyer - RF
9. Justin Ruggiano - LF

NEW YORK:
1. Derek Jeter - SS
2. Curtis Granderson - CF
3. Mark Teixeira - 1B
4. Robinson Cano - 2B
5. Jorge Posada - DH
6. Russell Martin - C
7. Brett Gardner - LF
8. Andruw Jones - RF
9. Eduardo Nunez - 3B

Interesting...David Robertson has been added to the AL All-Star team, replacing the Rays' David Price.

Last edited:
Back