• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New York Yankees (2010-2013)

Re: New York Yankees

Part three of taking a look at the potential 25-man roster, this time heading into the holidays.

Lineup:
1. Ichiro Suzuki - RF
2. Derek Jeter - SS
3. Robinson Cano - 2B
4. Mark Teixeira - 1B
5. Curtis Granderson - CF
6. Kevin Youkilis - 3B
7. Brett Gardner - LF
8. Eduardo Nunez - DH
9. Chris Stewart - C

Bench:
Francisco Cervelli - C
David Adams - INF
Corban Joseph - INF
Chris Dickerson - OF

Rotation:
1. CC Sabathia - LHP
2. Hiroki Kuroda - RHP
3. Andy Pettitte - LHP
4. Phil Hughes - RHP
5. Ivan Nova - RHP

Bullpen:
Mariano Rivera - RHP
David Robertson - RHP
Joba Chamberlain - RHP
Boone Logan - LHP
David Aardsma - RHP
David Phelps - RHP
Clay Rapada/Cesar Cabral - LHP

_____

Injuries:
Alex Rodriguez - 3B
Michael Pineda - RHP

Yankee free-agent Nick Swisher has agreed to a deal with the Indians.

thoughts.jpg

I'll miss Swish's personality and the individual traits he brought to the team but I won't miss the postseason disappearance acts.
At least he signed with a team we don't have to worry about contending with.

True dat. In his defense, he was just following everyone else's (almost) example. :D

transactions.jpg

The Yankees have agreed to terms with OF Matt Diaz on a minor-league deal with an invite to big-league camp.

He'll compete for the fourth/fifth outfield job.

thoughts.jpg

Worth a shot. Career .324/.364/.498 hitter against lefties.

FeinsandNYDN:
  • Source says Diaz will earn $1.2 million plus incentives if he makes the big-league club.
  • Diaz's incentives can add an extra $800,000 based on at-bats, which would bring the total as high as $2 million.

Minor League Ball's Top-20 Yankees Prospects.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/12/21/3790880/new-york-yankees-top-20-prospects-for-2013

_____

1. Gary Sanchez - C
2. Tyler Austin - OF
3. Mason Williams - OF
4. Slade Heathcott - OF
5. Brett Marshall - RHP
6. Jose Campos - RHP
7. Angelo Gumbs - 2B
8. Mark Montgomery - RHP
9. Ty Hensley - RHP
10. Manny Banuelos - LHP
11. Nik Turley - LHP
12. Corey Black - RHP
13. Rafael DePaula - RHP
14. J.R. Murphy - C
15. Ramon Flores - OF
16. Bryan Mitchell - RHP
17. Austin Romine - C
18. Corban Joseph - 2B
19. Nick Goody - RHP
20. Dante Bichette, Jr. - 3B

KenDavidoff: The Yankees have added former Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu to their pro scouting staff.

Former Yankee and Japanese star Hideki Matsui has retired from baseball.

Yankees career (2003-2009): 916 games, .292/.370/.482, 123 OPS+, 536 runs, 977 hits, 196 doubles, 11 triples, 140 HR, 597 RBI.

Former Yankee and Japanese star Hideki Matsui has retired from baseball.

Yankees career (2003-2009): 916 games, .292/.370/.482, 123 OPS+, 536 runs, 977 hits, 196 doubles, 11 triples, 140 HR, 597 RBI.

Sad to see him go. It was time, though. WS MVP is his greatest award, I think.

According to Anthony McCarron, Austin Romine is set to start the year in Triple-A. (LINK)

That would currently leave the catching battle between Francisco Cervelli, Chris Stewart and potentially Bobby Wilson.

thoughts.jpg

Ugh.

transactions.jpg

The Yankees have claimed OF/INF Russ Canzler off waivers from the Indians.

Canzler was told to focus on third base and the outfield corners, so he could make the team a couple of different ways. He also has option(s) remaining. (LINK)

To make room on the roster, OF Chris Dickerson was designated for assignment.

thoughts.jpg

Canzler sounds intriguing, plus he's right-handed which is always a plus.
I like Dickerson and think he could play a role on the team but he doesn't fit with three left-handed outfielders already on the team — hopefully he gets through waivers though.

KenDavidoff: The Yankees are interested in Lance Berkman, but it's not clear whether he'd consider a return to New York given the Texas teams' involvement.

According to Anthony Rieber, the Yankees are not looking for bullpen help or a catcher. (LINK)

thoughts.jpg

Our bullpen is fine but I'm still holding out hope that Cashman makes a move for a catcher.

Ken_Rosenthal: Two sources tell me Yankees made offer to Berkman. Third source says two sides simply talked. Either way, they were in.

BobKlap: Told Scott Boras asked Yankees last month if they'd consider taking Rafael Soriano back on a one-year deal. Request flatly denied.

Buster_ESPN: The Yankees want the draft pick/draft dollars they'll get when Soriano signs elsewhere more than they want him back, no matter the contract.

According to Wallace Matthews, it appears the bidding for Scott Hairston's services is down to the Yankees and Mets. (LINK)

Hairston is looking for a multi-year deal.

HaleMark: Ben Francisco's agent, John Boggs, says Yankees and Mets have expressed interest in the outfielder. Three other teams interested too.

With Adam LaRoche returning to Washington, I wonder if the Yankees look into acquiring Mike Morse.

Career .295/.347/.492 hitter with a .303/.357/.503 split against lefties.

BobKlap: Told Scott Boras asked Yankees last month if they'd consider taking Rafael Soriano back on a one-year deal. Request flatly denied.

Buster_ESPN: The Yankees want the draft pick/draft dollars they'll get when Soriano signs elsewhere more than they want him back, no matter the contract.

As long as Boras gets screwed, I'm thrilled.

Back