Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Habs recall Desharnais.

Default Re: Habs recall Desharnais.

Should have brought up Boyd with him.

Again, Boyd would have to go through re-entry waivers (no?) and we'd lose him. He's not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    Again, Boyd would have to go through re-entry waivers (no?) and we'd lose him. He's not coming back.
    So what? He's not helping us anyway in Hamilton. If someone wants him, the Habs should find out who and make a trade. What a waste, he's playing with kids down there and dominating.
    Last edited by wiseguy1; 12-31-2010 at 06:57 PM.

It will be interesting to see what kind of role this kid has with us...

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I agree. The kid is too good for the AHL but maybe too small for the NHL, he may very well belong in Europe. For those that mention Marty St. Louis... he's strong as an ox on his skates. Desharnais does not have the leg muscles Marty has, not even close.
    Yup.

Once Desharnais realizes that he can go around people like the pylons that are called defensemen in the AHL, he'll be in tough.

It's too bad, though. He has the speed, work ethic & talent to be an NHLer, but his size will kill his hopes.
    Now that Fatso is irrelevant, my new favorite hockey site

The Montreal Canadiens - Financial success is more important than on-ice success

If you're going to act like there's sand in your vagina every time I write something remotely offensive or, God forbid, swear, I think it's best you stop reading & responding to my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what kind of role this kid has with us...
    If they play him 8 minutes on the fourth line as a winger, then there's absolutely no point in even bothering to call him up. He'll be set up to fail.

If they put him on the top-6 - hell, even top-9 - with good amounts of ice time and give him second PP time, then yeah he'll have a fair shake.

The Montreal Canadiens - Financial success is more important than on-ice success

If you're going to act like there's sand in your vagina every time I write something remotely offensive or, God forbid, swear, I think it's best you stop reading & responding to my posts.

1st Liner

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    Yup.

Once Desharnais realizes that he can go around people like the pylons that are called defensemen in the AHL, he'll be in tough.

It's too bad, though. He has the speed, work ethic & talent to be an NHLer, but his size will kill his hopes.
    like it killed all before him, as there is no one successfull in this league under 6ft2...
    Yea right...

Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    like it killed all before him, as there is no one successfull in this league under 6ft2...
    Yea right...
    Name me 1 successful 5ft6 player (w/ skates on) in the NHL. Gionta's 5ft7.5

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Fleury was pretty damn good and would have been a hall of famer if his life wasn't messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    Yea right...
    Then tell me, how is he going to be successful?

There's a reason why undersized players - especially those under 5'10 - need to be exceptionally good at something to stick in the NHL.

He has exceptional talent, no doubt about it, but his lack of strength as he will be constantly knocked off the puck by bigger players will be his major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Name me 1 successful 5ft6 player (w/ skates on) in the NHL. Gionta's 5ft7.5
    How tall is Parise?

5'11 195 (NHL.com)

Might as well see what he can do...he does have some fire in his belly I know that.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar

I'd love to see the kid succeed. He definitely has talent and drive but he needs to bulk up seriously if he wants an NHL career.
    #FireTherrien @MarcBergevin aka @TheEunuch

Heh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12