• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Politics & News... Have at it.

so easy to say in the comfort of an armchair. Life isn't that measured, Xpo. Might have been different with another cop, it could have been him that lay dead.

We are all giving our opinions from the comfort of an armchair. Even those that say this was a justified shooting.

We are all giving our opinions from the comfort of an armchair. Even those that say this was a justified shooting.

Justified shooting is a big term....

The cop might not have been justified, but will still be found innocent because the circumstances made it seem justified, although it was not....

As the lawyers on this board have stated, it's all in how things are interpreted in front of the judge/jury

I think most people regret the fact it ended up in a human being dying....and when someone dies, people are allowed to ask questions and demand answers.

Unfortunately, there was not enough evidence to put a person in jail for the rest of his life. Would you feel comfortable sentencing the cop to 20 years in prison without sufficient evidence ?

If the kid that died was your son or family, you'd sentence the cop without even looking at the evidence. At the end of the day, the lack of concrete witnessed details led to the cop walking (whether he's truly innocent or guilty).

I feel bad for Brown's family, as they will not have peace....at least if there was good evidence to backup the decision, it would have helped them grieve...

If there wasn't enough evidence, then I would not want someone convicted, but a trial would have allowed for evidence to be presented in a court with defense lawyers protecting the accused and the prosecutor making the case.

If there wasn't enough evidence, then I would not want someone convicted, but a trial would have allowed for evidence to be presented in a court with defense lawyers protecting the accused and the prosecutor making the case.

And that's what happened....the jury found him innocent

Justified shooting is a big term....

The cop might not have been justified, but will still be found innocent because the circumstances made it seem justified, although it was not....

As the lawyers on this board have stated, it's all in how things are interpreted in front of the judge/jury

Which this will not go to

there wasn't enough evidence to go to trial. Even Obama said the decision had to be respected.

thanks-obama.jpg

there wasn't enough evidence to go to trial. Even Obama said the decision had to be respected.

It has to be respected in the sense that there is no recourse, but it is becoming apparent that the prosecutor and his assistants helped sway the grand jury to this decision.

Back