• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Politics & News... Have at it.

Yeah, but a head count is just meta. What is the real reason?

No matter. If you wanna make them feel better, just tell them the Mexicans are just moving back to their old stomping grounds. Tejas.

In a nutshell, moving in masses in some regions, creating some closed Hispanic communities, asking for changes to suit their needs, pushing the people who were already there away as they no longer feel welcome and safe into what was once their home.

Not entirely unlike other massive immigration movements around the world.

Not a good place to be when cancer metastasizes. From the sound of this article it appears Carter is scheduled for whole brain radiation rather than localized shots right to the brain met itself....which is slightly better.

We actually haven't advanced much when it comes to primary or metastasized brain cancer. Still using radiation after all these decades, frying people's brains.

The Republicans should nominate Fiorina (the ex-HP CEO) as their candidate to go up against Hilary.

We don't get a feeling that Americans trust Hilary, and if they vote for her, it's by lack of other viable options. If Republicans can spruce up a good female candidate, then all bets are off......they might have a really good shot.

I've been following Fiorina for 2-3 years now. In debate, she'd wipe the floor with Clinton's tired old lying face. As much as I like Fiorina, I am surprised she's risen on the national stage as she has. Still has a long way to go...maybe, just maybe, she gets on the ticket as VP. But as it stands, Hillary is losing ground to the GOP field, even Trump is out polling her in Florida. And what is it with the Dems, the party of the young, running all these geriatrics for their nomination? Don't have any new ideas except expanding on the mythical wars against this or that.

As much as I hope Hillary is banished from the political scene....I'm not excited by another Bush. Enough with political dynasties. The same for us up here, knowing not what we do hoisting an idealist child, with the name Trudeau. We'll become a disrespected laughing stock, as has the US with the openly divisive clown in Office right now.

Doesn't the former HP woman has NO experience in politics? Shouldn't you have at least been elected once before you run for Pres?

As for Canada, do you not think we are a laughing stock with Harper and his Israel right or wrong policy or would be with the sex tourist looking Beard?

Rolex, even Fiorina is not good on women's issues, she is against paid maternity leave, is anti-choice I believe, is against pay equity etc She won't help them win the women's vote, hell her policies are basically male views. she is simply a man without a penis.

Last edited:
The Republicans should nominate Fiorina (the ex-HP CEO) as their candidate to go up against Hilary.

We don't get a feeling that Americans trust Hilary, and if they vote for her, it's by lack of other viable options. If Republicans can spruce up a good female candidate, then all bets are off......they might have a really good shot.

I'd much rather vote for Sanders than any other candidates.

I don't think much of Fiorina. I've followed her for a year and she credits herself too much for running HP poorly. In fact most of the Republican candidates seem terrible to me. Bush is getting his ass handed to him by Trump. I've never understood the hype around Rubio... he would be better as a Democratic candidate since his party left him at the alter on his Immigration plan after the 2012 election debacle.

Carson I guess is intelligent as he is a Doctor but he is so lost on women's issues and even science. Walker makes me laugh. He has tried to avoid any conflict with the other candidates and in turn his roll up the sleeves style is slowly fading away from the electorate.

I've always been impressed with Kasich despite not agreeing with him on many of the issues.

As for Clinton... I'm really starting to think she quits the race before too long as this stuff about classified info on her phone is brutal if true... let alone criminal. I also think she offers up nothing new. Sanders is great but way too left for the masses.

As shocked as I am in saying this... I'd give the job to Trump and see what happens. He is so good in interviews where he has no notes, no pauses to memorize the script like other politicians. I can't see how he can grow jobs like he says considering rich people have basically gotten rich investing in companies who have outsourced jobs in America but he has the resume to let him try.

I'm pretty sure that he will invade Canada on a weekend in Feb 2017 and take our oil and water by Monday before having us build a wall to keep us out of the US.

It's just fun to watch right now... way better than our dull election going on here.

Rubio is their best possible candidate, by a mile. Even my Dem. friends in Florida like him. The one strike against him is that he's very young. Nobody trusts Hillary and it's amazing that she used her private email to conduct her affairs as Sec. of State. I was told years ago by my insurance carrier to not use my personal email for business purposes and I'm a nobody, not the Sec. of State. Far less brought down Gen. Patraeus. Hillary will survive the nomination - unless she's indicted- but she will lose the Presidential election (probably).

Rubio is their best possible candidate, by a mile. Even my Dem. friends in Florida like him. The one strike against him is that he's very young. Nobody trusts Hillary and it's amazing that she used her private email to conduct her affairs as Sec. of State. I was told years ago by my insurance carrier to not use my personal email for business purposes and I'm a nobody, not the Sec. of State. Far less brought down Gen. Patraeus. Hillary will survive the nomination - unless she's indicted- but she will lose the Presidential election (probably).
How does someone as cantankerous as you always seem to have friends?

Getting more end more fascinated by Trumpmaina in the United States.

If he would lay off the outlandish comments you'll notice that he actually has some fairly Liberal views that are not consistent with what we consider the "average American."
Trump opposes cuts to Social Security and Medicare, hasn't signed Grover Norquist's anti-tax pledge, believes single-payer health care works well in some countries and has questions about free trade.

I know he has crazy opinions about immigration and deportation ideas along with up and down views on things like Abortion (he used to be pro-choice) and I assume unions, but it's kinda amazing that he's not as "right-wing" overall as many of us tend to think.

If he would lay off the outlandish comments you'll notice that he actually has some fairly Liberal views that are not consistent with what we consider the "average American."
Trump opposes cuts to Social Security and Medicare, hasn't signed Grover Norquist's anti-tax pledge, believes single-payer health care works well in some countries and has questions about free trade.

I know he has crazy opinions about immigration and deportation ideas along with up and down views on things like Abortion (he used to be pro-choice) and I assume unions, but it's kinda amazing that he's not as "right-wing" overall as many of us tend to think.

Really? Name me one where it "works well" like you claim.

That's what he said. Not sure why you're saying it's my "claim".

I provided an analysis piece, not an opinion piece. Sorry if that confused you.

Nope, I outlined pretty clearly what his views are. They have nothing to do with mine.

Here they are again for clarification:

So let me guess, you don't like right wing views?

Last edited:
Back