• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Politics & News... Have at it.

lapin

The venerable Lapin predicts a Majority Conservative Government ...167 seats . You heard it here first mates !

What say ye ?

Bartend , another Sam's !

A bientot !

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT : Federal Election Predictions..The Noble Lapin Goes Out On A limb ........

I'll say the Libs gain some, the Bloc loses some, and the Cons lose a bit, and we end up with give or take, the same place we are now.

Re: OT : Federal Election Predictions..The Noble Lapin Goes Out On A limb ........

I'll say the Libs gain some, the Bloc loses some, and the Cons lose a bit, and we end up with give or take, the same place we are now.

which would mean, yet again, another election within 1 or 2 years. I think at this point, people might be bored with election and might vote harper in with a majority. Of course, is something spectacular comes out during the election, this might change but if nothing wrong happens to harper, he might get his majority this time. Of course, once the liberals gets to the point they realize they have no chance at winning, they will play the evil right wing card to try to get votes down for another minority goverment.

Just be happy that your country is not at the point where its national credit card is at the point of being rejected.

Im predicting a Harper minority.

Reform Party (aka Conservatives): 150
Bloc: 54
NDP: 53
Liberals: 51

In 2008: PC (143), LIB (77), Bloc (49), NDP (37)

Why?

Because the Conservatives will lose almost all of their seats in Quebec. Will gain in Ontario.
Bloc is gonna get back Quebec City.
NDP will gain in BC, East and 1-2 in Quebec.
Libs are going down.

Reform Party (aka Conservatives): 150
Bloc: 54
NDP: 53
Liberals: 51

In 2008: PC (143), LIB (77), Bloc (49), NDP (37)

Why?

Because the Conservatives will lose almost all of their seats in Quebec. Will gain in Ontario.
Bloc is gonna get back Quebec City.
NDP will gain in BC, East and 1-2 in Quebec.
Libs are going down.

So you think the conservator are going to lose seats in quebec city because they didn't give money for the new arena?

I predict the Green Party will get a seat.

And the marijuana party will have a record number of votes for them

Ian

No way the greens are getting a seat...unless Laraque is running.

I'll trade you Obama, straight up :)

For your president, or your party leader or your janitor or a bag of hockey pucks. :)

Last edited:

Cool, if that happens I can move to Florida lol....

Yep, knew it was a one shot deal for Obama....

Thank God ;)

Just be happy that your country is not at the point where its national credit card is at the point of being rejected.

Not exactly true. China will keep buying US debt because without the US shopper, China growth story is dead.

I do agree with your general premise. Washington is out of control, spending by both parties has been nuts and the middle class is getting squeezed. A few bankers are getting rich beyond belief while 40 Million are getting fat on food stamps.

I wish there was a reset button somewhere.

As a mental health professional, I see the Conservative party as the psychopaths of the political world. They simply do what they want, when the want, how they want, no matter of the laws, rules or ethical beliefs or impact on the masses. In the mental health world, we call that a psychopath. With the CONTEMPT of Parliament, and no acknowledgement of this, simply proves my point. Imaging if they had a majority. The last time we had such a corrupt government was, well the last Conservative government and the Mulroney years. So, please vote Liberal, NDP, Green or even the Marijuana party, but stay away from the Reform/Conservatives.

sounds a lot like the liberals from 1993 to 2006

Krust, maybe you should tell your Republican brethren then to stop always wanting to cut taxes until you get your debt under control.

I say Harper and his Henchmen get their coveted majority

Liberals will be official opposition

Bloc

NDP

Krust, maybe you should tell your Republican brethren then to stop always wanting to cut taxes until you get your debt under control.

I say Harper and his Henchmen get their coveted majority

Liberals will be official opposition

Bloc

NDP

Tell the Dems to cut spending first. Seems like a no brainer to me. I already send over 50% in taxes ;)

Back