• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations and Travel Thread

Re: OT: Summer Holidays 2011

You forget how bad our winters are on cars. My cuz used to do the same thing with a Mustang and then a Vette, it's what happens when you love your cars too much.

Best to be like me and not give a crap, drive the shit out of them, move on and repeat.

Like shoes.

Might see Parlee beach after all. We'll be heading up the coast to see the Hopewell Rocks. I'll be checking on a map soon to see where Parlee might be. Should be close I figure.

cheers

Parlee Beach is about 70 km from Hopewell Rocks, give or take a few km.

You forget how bad our winters are on cars. My cuz used to do the same thing with a Mustang and then a Vette, it's what happens when you love your cars too much.

Best to be like me and not give a crap, drive the shit out of them, move on and repeat.

Like shoes.

Oh I never forget about winter and its effects. There is a reason I moved to Florida.

So Legoalie, Finally got a chance to drive the 370 recently? Still can't believe you bought it only to put it away in the garage. That would kill me.

I have been enjoying the ride Habsy, the car has way too much power for what I need but I am not complaining, took it down to the coast last week - end. It was a tough winter but I saved $10,000 by buying it when I did, it wasn't so bad as I drove it a few times in the winter..

Parlee Beach is about 70 km from Hopewell Rocks, give or take a few km.

then it might be a fit, thx.

well.....leaving in just a couple of days now and very much looking forward to this jewel by the sea.

scratch that.

Leaving in mid August now, and still for St Andrews. Piss me off. Our fracken A/C system broke down yesterday, all it needs is a circuit board, but alas....the company that makes my A/C no longer makes the board for that particular model. Nice.

so we're getting a new system installed next week. Going with an LG ductless system. Two of them actually, one for each floor. Can't come home to this horror, so....doing it now.

You have the 370?? My boyfriend has a g35 coupe and he's thinking/ I'm making him upgrade to the 370! They are so sick. The 350z is pretty nice too.

It took 8 days, but I finally have A/C again......although I can't remember how long it's been since I was this deprived. It's been hot hot hot here in TO over the last few days to boot. Last night's low was a steamy 27C and today we hit 38. Unbelievable.

How hot is it in your hometown?

And are you loving it? :facepalm

fry-egg-sidewalk.jpg

nothing but rain this summer
two in a row now
so lame

Low 20's here and perfect for me. Half the reason I moved from Montreal was the snow in the winter and more so the humidity in the summer.

We don't get near as much snow as Mtl, Lotus.....but man, the summers here have some brutal heat waves. We hit 50C with the humidex today. The guy installing my A/C is a trooper, he spent 10 hrs outside today and justifiably drank 5 litres of Evian, a lemonade and 2-3 bottles of Starbucks fraps. :eek(16):

Been over 100 with the humidex over the past 3 days.

Gross, too humid weather.

Reminds me of a story about my car A/C.

About 10 years ago I bought a used Chrysler Intrepid... loved the car and got a fantastic deal but there was no belt on the A/C pulley. The sales guy tried to play it as if the belt was off to conserve gas for when the belt will move even when not in use but obviously I knew it was because the A/C motor was likely seized. I didn't really care because the car was such a good deal I figured I would get the A/C motor replaced elsewhere for a few hundred bucks and would be set.

So the first week of June rolls by and I decide I better get the A/C checked out before the real heat arrives. Drop it off at an established A/C shop and couple of hours later they call to say the whole thing basically needs overhauling... far beyond the A/C motor. I ask how much and he says will be about $1700.00. I laugh and said I don't think that is happening.

A week later I had it at the Chrysler dealer near my work for a basic service and look over and I wanted them to give me a second opinion on the A/C. Surprisingly they came in with the same diagnosis and cost. I realized then that I didn't really spend too much time in my car so I could live without A/C in Vancouver.

The following week in mid-June Vancouver gets hit by record breaking heat. I call up the first guy and ask when he can squeeze my car in for the A/C overhaul. Two days later and $1700.00 less in my bank I have the best A/C in Vancouver... and it was worth every penny.

The end.

Reminds me of a story about my car A/C.

About 10 years ago I bought a used Chrysler Intrepid... loved the car and got a fantastic deal but there was no belt on the A/C pulley. The sales guy tried to play it as if the belt was off to conserve gas for when the belt will move even when not in use but obviously I knew it was because the A/C motor was likely seized. I didn't really care because the car was such a good deal I figured I would get the A/C motor replaced elsewhere for a few hundred bucks and would be set.

So the first week of June rolls by and I decide I better get the A/C checked out before the real heat arrives. Drop it off at an established A/C shop and couple of hours later they call to say the whole thing basically needs overhauling... far beyond the A/C motor. I ask how much and he says will be about $1700.00. I laugh and said I don't think that is happening.

A week later I had it at the Chrysler dealer near my work for a basic service and look over and I wanted them to give me a second opinion on the A/C. Surprisingly they came in with the same diagnosis and cost. I realized then that I didn't really spend too much time in my car so I could live without A/C in Vancouver.

The following week in mid-June Vancouver gets hit by record breaking heat. I call up the first guy and ask when he can squeeze my car in for the A/C overhaul. Two days later and $1700.00 less in my bank I have the best A/C in Vancouver... and it was worth every penny.

The end.

Or a 25 buck inverter for the 12v plugin.

8-11-07-ac-on-car.jpg

:thumbsup(22):

It took 8 days, but I finally have A/C again......although I can't remember how long it's been since I was this deprived. It's been hot hot hot here in TO over the last few days to boot. Last night's low was a steamy 27C and today we hit 38. Unbelievable.

How hot is it in your hometown?

And are you loving it? :facepalm

I install the AC for my mother every summer, but I don't have one myself. All I need is a fan on me at all times and I'm good.

Back