• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations

Vegas is awesome... Disney land for adults. Have been planning on trying to go back for a while but nothing ever seams to materalize.

I think the next 2 trips I'm doing are SF in july and Chicago in early sept.

I did both of these last year and both are awesome.
SF is top of my list of places to live.

SF is on the list of places to go this year now that Ms.Eye has her permanent residency and they can't **** with her ability to re enter the country.

I did both of these last year and both are awesome.
SF is top of my list of places to live.

My brother lives in SF, which is why I'm heading out. I've been out once before over American thanksgiving in 2014 and loved it (IMO the best time of the year to be in America).

I also did Chicago last year at Easter and it was a ton of fun which is why we decided to head back this year.

I've got a "business trip" down to San Diego for the All-Star game. Probably gonna tack on a few days in SF on that trip too. Haven't been to the bay area in almost 10 years.

Now that this thread is revived, any hikers in the group?

In the last few years I've discovered I really prefer natural sights to man made ones. Looking at doing some hikes with camping and thru hikes as a way to see some awesome stuff around the world and close to home for cheap. I'm pretty new to week long + hikes. On my list right now:

La Cloche Silhouette Trail - Killarney Ontario - looks awesome and close to home

Kalalau Trail - Kauai, Hawaii - I did a portion of this trail when I visited Kauai a few years back. The Napali Coast on Kauai is the most amazing place I have ever seen with my own eyes. Promised myself I would go back and do the full week hike.

Maybe one of the many many thru hikes in the states like the Appalachian trail or the John Muir trail.

Any recommendations?

Back