• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations

Just got back from Northern Italy (Milan, Verona, Venice, Padua and Bologna) as well as Zurich. Christ Switzerland is expensive, a Dunkin Donut cost the equivalent of $4.50 Canadian.

Of course, I took a trip over to Liechtenstein and the wife spent a fortune on Liechtenstein memorabilia and getting our passports stamped. Went up a gondola in Stans (up the Stanserhorn_ that is the world's first open air gondola, that was cool.

I also got to see St Mark's tomb as well as St. Anthony's tongue, teeth and vocal chords as well as his tomb.

Seeing the Last Supper in Milan was really cool. I love how Da Vinci made Judas out to be a darker skinned pig like character.

Leaving for Vancouver tomorrow night

2 days in Vancouver
4 day camping roadtrip
3 days in Tofino/Victoria
2 days in Seattle

Can't wait.

Just got back from Northern Italy (Milan, Verona, Venice, Padua and Bologna) as well as Zurich. Christ Switzerland is expensive, a Dunkin Donut cost the equivalent of $4.50 Canadian.

Of course, I took a trip over to Liechtenstein and the wife spent a fortune on Liechtenstein memorabilia and getting our passports stamped. Went up a gondola in Stans (up the Stanserhorn_ that is the world's first open air gondola, that was cool.

I also got to see St Mark's tomb as well as St. Anthony's tongue, teeth and vocal chords as well as his tomb.

Seeing the Last Supper in Milan was really cool. I love how Da Vinci made Judas out to be a darker skinned pig like character.
One of my regrets. Going to Milan and not seeing the last supper

One of my regrets. Going to Milan and not seeing the last supper
When I went a few years ago I didn't plan ahead, so had to spend like 90 euro on a bus tour to get in to see it. Not worth it by itself, but on the other hand, I would have been sad to go to the city and not get to see it.

Sitting in Edmonton airport on our way back to Newfoundland for 18 days. That is our summer vacation.

Then somewhere warming than northern alberta in the winter.

Thinking of visiting Banff late August/early September, but the cost of the 5 day trip from Toronto basically covers a couple of visits to the Caribbean. For those who live in Alberta or have visited Banff, is it really worth it? Pictures are amazing but the cost is several thousands of dollars for two people in a decent hotel.

My brother just came back from Banff and he and his wife loved it.

It should be noted that he doesn't live in Canada anymore and has been all over the Caribbean and Mexico so this was a change for him and his wife.

Where in the Caribbean is your alternative?

Back