• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

I understand people who think the Giants made a big mistake passing on Darnolds and Rosen but SB is just so good and is pretty much the most certain star player in the draft.

I understand people who think the Giants made a big mistake passing on Darnolds and Rosen but SB is just so good and is pretty much the most certain star player in the draft.

You can take a developmental QB like Rudolph in the second sound

So kneeling during the anthem is banned.

Guess the NFL saw the lower ratings and blinked.

It's not only the lower ratings...

It's insulting to all the current and past men and women serving in the Armed Forces. There's other ways to protest and be heard....

Tell me something, did it change anything that they kneeled ? Is America better now ? How about during interviews they complain about what needs to be changed, instead of kneeling during anthem, and contributing to alienate whatever support they had.

To me, the Flag/Anthem is sacred....having lived in the US for close to half my life, I could've told you beforehand that this was a bad idea. Attack something else, but don't touch the Flag or anything related to Armed Forces (which the Flag/Anthem is glued to at the hip).

It's insulting to all the current and past men and women serving in the Armed Forces. There's other ways to protest and be heard....

Tell me something, did it change anything that they kneeled ? Is America better now ? How about during interviews they complain about what needs to be changed, instead of kneeling during anthem, and contributing to alienate whatever support they had.

To me, the Flag/Anthem is sacred....having lived in the US for close to half my life, I could've told you beforehand that this was a bad idea. Attack something else, but don't touch the Flag or anything related to Armed Forces (which the Flag/Anthem is glued to at the hip).

Exactly , this whole process was ridiculous and pathetic.

These dumb players like Kap and Reid pissed away millions for a silly stance .

Play the game , make your money then do your thing anyway you want .

They never learn , they play in a ruthless league where the owners will chew you up and spit you out when your a distraction .

I simply don't believe this was something to do at work. Flag, no flag, at work, you show up, you do your job, and when you're done work for the day, go protest all you want.

You go to work to do a job, not push social issues.

I simply don't believe this was something to do at work. Flag, no flag, at work, you show up, you do your job, and when you're done work for the day, go protest all you want.

You go to work to do a job, not push social issues.

Exactly

Weirdly, almost all the military person I've heard were not insulted by it one bit, saying they fought for freedom and freedom of speech and this is exactly what it is about. Most people insulted about were people who never were in the army. It was an ironic reversal of snowflake attitude.

Weirdly, almost all the military person I've heard were not insulted by it one bit, saying they fought for freedom and freedom of speech and this is exactly what it is about. Most people insulted about were people who never were in the army. It was an ironic reversal of snowflake attitude.

Very true, soldiers don't care. And if these athletes did this somewhere other than work I wouldn't care.

But at work? Little much.

Very true, soldiers don't care. And if these athletes did this somewhere other than work I wouldn't care.

I understand the athletes using their platform for it and their employers being annoyed by it. In the end, the employer always win.

It's not even about this anyway. It has nothing to do with the army.

That's the narrative Trump has fooled you into believing.

Where else would they be able to do it and have it garner this much attention? The purpose of doing it "at work" is because it's televised and it has an audience.

Would you prefer they just did it at the back of the bus where no one could see them?

Where else would they be able to do it and have it garner this much attention? The purpose of doing it "at work" is because it's televised and it has an audience.

Would you prefer they just did it at the back of the bus where no one could see them?

Name another employer who would let someone protest on the job in front of a televised audience.

Back