• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

It was Count and I told him that college football is almost a different sport, not just a different game, than the NFL.

Mostly for QBs. The offensive systems are completely different. Other positions are easier to project.

NFL teams do not use top 5 picks to refuel the pipeline. They use them for immediate starters. Dallas won't draft a QB with a top 5 pick.

If I had a top 5 pick, I go for the slam dunk impact player (which is rarely a QB since they miss more than not)

Then I look for a QB with my 2nd or 3rd round pick where value can be had. Like a Russel Wilson or a Derek Carr.

I'm hoping either for a DB or QB.

Romo's starting to look fragile and he's getting up there in age. If we don't one in the first, then I hope we take one early in the second and let him back up.

It'll be the usual guard or tackle. They are the "it" picks in the top five.

Depends on the year but if you can grab a great LT you buy your QB protection for 12 years or so

Cowboys are set at LT for a while with Tyron Smith

Romo is 35 so we need the successor. We need DBs and a coach with balls.

I barely saw any of the game but with a blowout like that and plenty of INT's then Coach Garrett must have been clapping like crazy for his players.

He is such an idiot.

Can Jones lure Bill Cowher out of retirement?

I would also trade Dez for some high picks.

Yep. Forgot where I read it. I watch a lot of Packer games and I haven't seen AR this frustrated in years. Teams have also figured out how to bracket Cobb and minimize his impact. The Jordie Nelson injury hurt way more than I imagined. Nelson and Rodgers have this amazing connection that Adams can't even touch.

Back