• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

I disagree. Kaepernick has done far more to generate media attention and mainstream awareness than any other single protest.

I think people are talking more about him than discussing the issue. He brought attention to himself, not the issue.

it is very weird

the suns protest the immigration stuff - that is fine

the dallas stars oppose the bathroom bill - that is fine

CK (and others) protest the murder of black people by cops - ZOMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH CK

of course this country would go on to elect Trump so what do you expect

it is very weird

the suns protest the immigration stuff - that is fine

the dallas stars oppose the bathroom bill - that is fine

CK (and others) protest the murder of black people by cops - ZOMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH CK

of course this country would go on to elect Trump so what do you expect

We live in the same country that elected both Rob Ford & Denis Coderre to two of its' three biggest cities. Don't think the people here are all that different. (For what it's worth, if I had a gun pointed to my head, I would have voted Trump over Hillary and without much hesitation, either.)

And the biggest difference is something WeHave wrote - one of his rare intelligent rambles I might add - about CK directly going against one of the major sponsors of the NFL, the US Military.

While other people had protests, none of them protested the American flag & anthem and everything those symbolized. That is what alienated CK from so many people. He backtracked a little after realizing what he did, because CK isn't much more than a simpleton only to prove later on that he's mostly just talk, see his pigs dressed as cops socks, his Fidel Castro shirt and him not voting.

Last edited:
trump thing was a joke

CK should be applauded for what he did

a peaceful and effective protest (effective in generating awareness - probably not in actually stopping cops from killing black kids)

i know americans are rah rah flag wavers but when the flag gets turned into speedos and bikinis i dont think anybody can take the high road about kneeling for the anthem

Zeke has been suspended for 6 games.

http://www.tsn.ca/cowboys-elliott-suspended-six-games-expected-to-appeal-1.827911

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. When you insist on drafting thugs you get what you get.

You are so full of shit. He is suspended for something the prosecutor and cops didn't even deem worthy of a charge. It is typical kangaroo court by Goodell. All the investigators/panel that determined the suspension are Giants' fans or season ticket holders. No bias there.

Hopefully he and Jones don't take this sitting down and go right to court. It is clear Roger Robespierre overstepped on this one. Josh Brown for the Giants abused his wife for years and got one game. Zeke isn't even charged and got six games.

Seems totally fair to me.

brady was also innocent

I know you are just being your typical comedic self, but there is no comparison between the two matters. On the one hand, you have a player who likely attempted to affect an outcome by doing something against league rules and then deliberately destroying the phone where he probably told guys to do it. He was suspended on some vague personal conduct code for an event for which he was no even arrested and for which the police basically said the complainant was lying. Roger Robespierre and his hand picked lackeys said, oh we believe her based on what we saw and say he abused her. I guess they deem themselves better than the officers who investigated the matter.

He also said Zeke provided no evidence to say he didn't do it, gee imagine having to prove a negative.

Jones is allegedly furious. This won't end well for the NFL.

The NFL is not a democracy. Goodell's word is law. This decision is not about burden of proof it's about optics. The league cannot be seen to be giving their tacit approval of its players assaulting women, which is exactly what the perception would be if they failed to suspend Zeke and hid behind legalities such as the lack of physical evidence or corroborating witnesses.

The NFL is not a democracy. Goodell's word is law. This decision is not about burden of proof it's about optics. The league cannot be seen to be giving their tacit approval of its players assaulting women, which is exactly what the perception would be if they failed to suspend Zeke and hid behind legalities such as the lack of physical evidence or corroborating witnesses.

so what you are saying is he was suspended just to make the league look good?

you are aware the alleged victim asked her friend to lie about the incident right saying Zeke did something he didn't do, and the friend has sworn an affidavit to that effect?

Naw, every sport has color guard, excessive flags, fly overs by the air force, choppers often, paratroopers dropping in and interviews with veterans.

We live in the same country that elected both Rob Ford & Denis Coderre to two of its' three biggest cities. Don't think the people here are all that different. (For what it's worth, if I had a gun pointed to my head, I would have voted Trump over Hillary and without much hesitation, either.)

And the biggest difference is something WeHave wrote - one of his rare intelligent rambles I might add - about CK directly going against one of the major sponsors of the NFL, the US Military.

While other people had protests, none of them protested the American flag & anthem and everything those symbolized. That is what alienated CK from so many people. He backtracked a little after realizing what he did, because CK isn't much more than a simpleton only to prove later on that he's mostly just talk, see his pigs dressed as cops socks, his Fidel Castro shirt and him not voting.

Aaron Rogers seems to think he has a point.

Also, he didn't go after the military, he went after the police. Now pro law and order hellya types easily conflate the two, but there is a big, big difference in how they interface with African Americans. And his choice of sitting down during the anthem/colours may have enraged, but it more than anything else sheds light on the value of citizenship and double standards.

So, maybe he is a simpleton, but it's one helluva coincidence that he was right on the nose with his protest. He poked the bo-bo real good.

Aaron Rogers seems to think he has a point.

Also, he didn't go after the military, he went after the police. Now pro law and order hellya types easily conflate the two, but there is a big, big difference in how they interface with African Americans. And his choice of sitting down during the anthem/colours may have enraged, but it more than anything else sheds light on the value of citizenship and double standards.

So, maybe he is a simpleton, but it's one helluva coincidence that he was right on the nose with his protest. He poked the bo-bo real good.

Absolutely he did. It's like someone using a shotgun to shoot at a home invader. When he shoots, his intent might be to hit the intruder, but with a shotgun he ends up shooting the wall, glass, valuable objects, etc as well as the intruder. All things he didn't plan on damaging, but...

Whatever his point might be, when he directly went after one of the NFL's biggest sponsors (inadvertedly or not), mixed with being a mediocre at best player and a (another one of my favorite key words, along with ka rek tur & poh 10 sial) distraction, I don't know how anyone can wonder why he's unemployed.

The Flag and the Anthem stand for FAR, FAR more than the military.

I don't know where the idea came from that disrespecting the flag or anthem means the military, and it appears to be a widely held belief, but its not correct.

The Flag and Anthem also stand for the constitution, the history of a country, culture, people, institutions, system of government and so much more than just the military.

The Flag and the Anthem stand for FAR, FAR more than the military.

I don't know where the idea came from that disrespecting the flag or anthem means the military, and it appears to be a widely held belief, but its not correct.

The Flag and Anthem also stand for the constitution, the history of a country, culture, people, institutions, system of government and so much more than just the military.

People are projecting.

Back