• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Even if your intern had a legitimate social issue to protest would you support them kneeling in the middle of a court room during working hours to bring attention to it?
We don't have interns but whether I have an issue or not (I wouldn't), the law society of BC would.

NFL players weren't out on the field for anthems before 2009. Even now, the anthem is never televised (except for Super Bowl celebrity cameos).

The fact that it became an issue means Kapernick accomplished what he intended to do. (whether he should have focused on his career is another story)

He got everyone talking about his protest.

The NFL wins by keeping their military sponsorship.

Effects on ratings: Zero.

Ratings will continue to slide in the age of streaming and a million other entertainment options. Maybe, if the Cowboys return to glory, ratings will go up.

Regardless, the NFL is still a billion dollar printing press. Mike Pence's displeasure (or lack of) doesn't move the needle.

Good point CH

It also shows that if the shield went this far regarding kneeling, that there clearly has been collusion to ensure Kaepernick is not employed.

NFL players weren't out on the field for anthems before 2009. Even now, the anthem is never televised (except for Super Bowl celebrity cameos).

The fact that it became an issue means Kapernick accomplished what he intended to do. (whether he should have focused on his career is another story)

He got everyone talking about his protest.

The NFL wins by keeping their military sponsorship.

Effects on ratings: Zero.

Ratings will continue to slide in the age of streaming and a million other entertainment options. Maybe, if the Cowboys return to glory, ratings will go up.

Regardless, the NFL is still a billion dollar printing press. Mike Pence's displeasure (or lack of) doesn't move the needle.

Excellent post :thumbsup(22):

We don't have interns but whether I have an issue or not (I wouldn't), the law society of BC would.

Fair enough....but that said intern that kneels in court would give your firm a bad rep, no ? And most importantly, it would be bad for business.

Now you know how NFL owners feel....

I heard some people leave the Bell Centre after two periods to protest Montreal's potholes.

So it seems that the Cleveland Browns braintrust is smarter than we thought. Baker Mayfield looks like the next Drew Brees.

holy small sample size Batman

Yup , but you can’t teach IQ and feel for the game. He had a hell of a second half managing the game.

He isn’t a HOF Brees IMO but if he can give you a decade of Alex Smith solid play the Browns would be delighted and stabilize that position .

Darnold is prone to big mistakes at the wrong time , Baker manages the game better without the big throwing arm or ideal size for a QB.

He looked exactly like he did at Oklahoma. NFL defenses will adjust to him obviously but if he’s even 80 percent of what he was at OU, he’ll be an excellent NFL QB.

Browns should be 3-0....

Yes, maybe now after years of futility and finding ways to lose .....they find ways to win

But I think they got the short end of bad refs as well

Some games had them penalized by a wide margin over their opponent on questionable calls

Back