• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Re: OT: NFL thread (Superbowl 50)

It would appear that despite the 15-1 regular season record the Carolina Panthers are no more clutch than the Florida Panthers.

Could be a case of the Panthers spending too much time reading all those press clippings about their awesomeness.

well that's a costly INT for Manning. Left 3 points on the field and giving these Panthers more life.

Is it me or did Caroline get 4 time outs during the first half?

One for the missed challenge, one when Denver was in the red zone, then two on the final drive of the half.

Very impressed by that Broncos defense, but Carolina has also not been good, missing a lot of plays that were there to make.

Denver D is good though, they totally pounded Brady last week. Panther O line have probs with them too, add Cam's inconsistent play to the mix and they sputter on O.

of Denver we expected that, not the Panthers.

Yeah, I'm totally giving Denver defense the credit they deserves, but the Panthers can be better than that. Cam reminds me of the Cam Newton from before this year, not very accurate with his passes.

Denver's defence did the job in the first half, Peyton and the offence has not. Manning needs to do something positive in the second half if he wants his second ring.

well that's a costly INT for Manning. Left 3 points on the field and giving these Panthers more life.

The Panthers just Norwooded those 3 points back to the Broncos.

Y'know, when the 85 Bears went 15-1 they took care of business in the post-season. These post-season Panthers are starting to remind me of the post-season Habs. Sooo not clutch.

2 score game now.

But Manning isn't doing much to convince me that he's clutch in games that matter. He hasn't played a good Super Bowl game in 4 attempts. There's still an asterisk next to his name if you ask me.

Another gift. Both QB's are doing their best to lose this game.

And the snobs see fit to call the CFL game sloppy. This game is so bad it's borderline absurd.

Manning's playing about on par for his whole season.

He's been like this all year.

If Manning can avoid mistakes, he'll probably do enough to win.

Manning's playing about on par for his whole season.

He's been like this all year.

If Manning can avoid mistakes, he'll probably do enough to win.

"probably did enough to win" is not what you want to be said about you if you expect to be considered as one of the all-time greats.

Back