• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hockey Media & Business Thread

Re: Hockey Media Thread

All of the TVA Sports games are going to be on various Rogers networks at the same time anyway, no?

(Looks at schedule...)

Appears so!

Looks like most of the games that are on TVA sports are also on a different channel (City TV or SN)

Looks like all the non RDS games will be on english and french channels (HNIC, TVA, TVA sports, SN).

I counted 46 games on solo RDS.

Really hoping the blackout thing isnt real.

The issue is the 60 midweek games. Some of those will be en anglais as well but we all know the english networks do not discuss the Canadiens except in negative terms. We outside eastern Canada will be losing the Canadiens' slant on the games. We will lose out in the inside analysis of the team during the games. I know some of you won't care but that will be a loss for me.

I wonder if the Canadiens Express will be blacked out as well.

It won't be the same not hearing Pierre yell "et le but"

I counted 46 games on solo RDS.

Really hoping the blackout thing isnt real.

Until I don't see them on my tv I will doubt it is real. For years before RDS was national, the games were never blacked out. Hell even CFL games which used to be blacked out weren't on RDS so if lived in BC and they were playing the Alouettes, you could watch the game even if it were subject to an english blackout.

Blackouts are for fags as the great Al Iafrate would have said.

Most of the Sportsnet regional games weren't actually blacked out this year, although that might've only been while they angled for the national deal.

Im with you count. I will not order centre ice until I see that it isnt on RDS.

On the plus side it looks like I do not need to worry about not having TVA sports.

Most of the Sportsnet regional games weren't actually blacked out this year, although that might've only been while they angled for the national deal.

Never noticed. That might be cool if they are not blacked out this year.
Though I guess I already get flames and oilers.

I was in the Senators (SN East) region, but was still getting Flames, Oilers and Canucks game. Leafs games were blacked out though.

The guide said blacked out for all of them, but they were on.

Looks like all the non RDS games will be on english and french channels (HNIC, TVA, TVA sports, SN).

So we're all in the same boat...we all have to add an extra channel to make sure we can watch all games.

Quebec residents need to add TVA on top of RDS, but may not have to if they had SN and of course CBC already...but are all non RDS games covered by CBC and SN?

Im with you count. I will not order centre ice until I see that it isnt on RDS.

On the plus side it looks like I do not need to worry about not having TVA sports.

Yeah but what if non RDS games are not covered by HNIC or SN?

But I don't get it...you're blacked out of RDS anyways so why do you need to wait until your sure it isn't on RDS

Yeah but what if non RDS games are not covered by HNIC or SN?

But I don't get it...you're blacked out of RDS anyways so why do you need to wait until your sure it isn't on RDS

because part of us doesn't believe the games won't be on RDS

We will know once the preseason starts, if our games are on then, probably during season, if not, then we know we have to get Center Ice

because part of us doesn't believe the games won't be on RDS

We will know once the preseason starts, if our games are on then, probably during season, if not, then we know we have to get Center Ice

Yeah this is ridiculous...why Molson accepts this I don't get

Last edited:

He goes along with the man way too much for my liking, but I know why, he gets to line his pockets.

There is only one team hurt in terms of exposure by this deal, the Canadiens.

I'm in Toronto- TVA Sports HD is channel 657- if you have the French package with RDS, you get it.

We won't get the RDS games west of Belleville, so for the weekday games, exclusive RDS games, it looks like I'll have to find a stream somewhere

The worst is the first game against Boston- RDS and NHL Network US only :(

Back