• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Oppressed White Men writing textbooks FTW

DG5gwPVUMAAYIJ4.jpg:large

: http://nationalpost.com/news/world/pyongyang-challenge-should-us-shoot-kims-missiles-down

A question that needs an answer sooner than later.

Does the US shoot down the missiles heading for Guam?

As I mentioned before, the THAAD missile defense system has only been proven to work under the best conditions. So failure to shoot down NKs missiles would erode confidence in the missile defense systems, lowers the confidence American allies who depend on it. It emboldens the NKs, and even more So, the Russians, Chinese and Iranians, who have to figure if America cannot reliably shoot down primitive North Korean missiles then they have no chance of shooting down their more advanced ones.

Succeed and it probably causes Kim Jung un to pause, because a nuclear arsenal mean nothing if he cannot deliver it. Also sends the message that America won't stand for nations threatening it.

Do nothing and I think it creates a horrible precedent.

What it boils down to is whether or not this system is going to actually work.

NK won't risk a launch to Guam. Primarily because if it fails they look like even bigger tools. Right now Kim Jong is beating off to all the attention, he won't lose that.

Back