• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

That was so incrediably ackward. Wow.

Most lackluster VP announcement ever!

Even there families did not look happy. No joy, no excitment.

Last edited:
I find it amazing that Johnson is pulling more from Hillary than the Donald.

I don't. Voting for Trump is a pure anger move that no other candidate can match. Johnson offers an alternative that's still within the bounds of political credibility.

Also, not one of the tragedies in the states were performed by automatic weaponry, or an assault weapon for that matter. Contrary to the progressive talking point, the AR15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for ArmaLite Rifle.

That kind of seems like nitpicking.

That kind of seems like nitpicking.

It's really not. When you hear the incessant narrative being presented by progressives, and know it to be false, you want the record straight. There is an immense difference between automatic weaponry, assault rifles and the AR-15. Huge. It's like calling a puddle a swimming pool.

Bullshit. The AR-15 does not have military classification except where liberal legislatures inserted it (incorrectly).

Here's a layman's explanation, I suggest you read it. Sure the kid-friendly part is tongue in cheek but the analysis applies.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/06/14/fact-check-ar-15-wasnt-used-orlando-wouldnt-mattered-anyway/

Despite attempts by politicians and the media to claim that the common, kid-friendly AR-15 is a “weapon of war,” or “military-style,” actual military rifles have been banned from manufacture for civilian purchase for exactly 30 years.

The Hughes Amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act, signed into law by President Reagan in 1986, made it illegal to manufacture selective-fire (firearms that can be used as machine guns) rifles and handguns to the public. Only military, police, and specialized gun dealers and manufacturers selling to these markets can acquire them.

The most common rifles, pistols, and shotguns sold in the United States are not machine guns, not “weapons of war” as Hillary Clinton so glibly lies, and “military-style” is all about looks, not performance. Put bluntly, it’s a con job.

The most common rifles, handguns, and shotguns are semi-automatic, or “self-loading” firearms. They fire one shot per trigger pull, and (because I feel I have to repeat things for certain politicians) absolutely cannot be fired as machine guns.

Also, don't come at me with Huffington post articles, I'll immediately reject them with extreme prejudice. Much like progressives reject Fox News articles.

You should also know that the issue is not the AR-15. It's extended clips. A shooter can get extended clips for hand-guns and do more damage than an AR-15 due to concealability. Extended clips CAN be outlawed. They just haven't done it.

Here's a good read on the politics behind the classifications. Under their "rules" many pistols and shotguns are also designated assault weapons.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Assault-Weapons.htm

An excerpt:

The AR-15, one of the rifles that became an assault weapon with the passage of the AWB because of its physical characteristics, is a .223 caliber. The .223 is smaller and less lethal than many rifle calibers. In most states, a .223 is not permitted for hunting big game because of the caliber’s ineffectiveness at bringing down animals such as deer and elk.

Many AR-15 are .222 which is an even lower velocity round. The science behind the AR-15 does not support the assault weapon designation. People are simply going by looks. OOOOH IT LOOKS LIKE A MACHINE GUN!

Ridiculous.

I own an AR-15 and it isn't even close to the most powerful weapon I was allowed to buy legally. In comparison it's a recreational firearm. Unfortunately the day will come when someone uses something far more powerful that was legally obtained and people will really say holy shit how did he get that.

Last edited:
That's fine.

Your country will continue to see these senseless massacres (which seem to happen almost weekly now), but let's spend our energy talking about AR classification as a way of justifying gun ownership and the precious second amendment. Terrible to say, but a lot of Americans deserve what is happening to them at this point. While the rest of the world watches in disbelief at the utter stupidity of the whole thing.

This kind of strikes me as a paradox.

One the one hand, you should always keep your guns unloaded and safely secured when they're in your house. That's just basic responsible gun ownership, right? But at the same time, isn't "defending the home" the whole excuse for having a gun in your house in the first place?

And if someone's smashing through your windows, kicking down your door or creeping up the stairs when you're asleep at night, are you necessarily going to be able to get to your secure gun safe, enter the combination and load your gun quickly enough that you can even use it to defend yourself at all?

You should also know that the issue is not the AR-15. It's extended clips. A shooter can get extended clips for hand-guns and do more damage than an AR-15 due to concealability. Extended clips CAN be outlawed. They just haven't done it.

+1

I can legally get my hands on gear with way more kick than a AR in Canada. 5 round clip though, with some major ****ing punishments available if I was to get caught with a "modified" cartridge.

Back