• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

How would you know? You can't read.

201511_1208_eeaih.jpg

Try to follow:

Trump pulls out of Paris Accord. Macron and Angie take a pile of pot shots at him and present a united European front to the world. European opinion of America plummets, European support for the EU soars. Macron and Angie continue to take shots at Trump. A few weeks later, now having solidified their support, they turn around and present a united front of sorts to the US, but this time with Macron making kind noises towards Trump (the way to dear leader's heart is stroking his ego) and presenting himself as Trump's main man in dealing with Europe. This will allow Angie to say whatever she wants, while Europe is still able to maintain a good working relationship with the Americans (which I've always claimed was essential to world stability).

Like 87 said, it looks like they're playing good cop, bad cop. But they absolutely did go on a media blitz to shred Trump, in an effort to gain support domestically....and it worked. That they've shifted gears 6 weeks later doesn't change that. If you want to call that a "bad read" because I didn't see them turning this quickly to try to bring Trump back into the fold, have at it, but that partially speaks to how successful calling him a ********** was as a tactic for managing anti EU sentiment at home was. Which is what I was pointing out in the quoted post.

For guys who can't read, there's video.

[video=youtube;1DwijJfVbBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DwijJfVbBg[/video]

Try to follow:

Trump pulls out of Paris Accord. Macron and Angie take a pile of pot shots at him and present a united European front to the world. European opinion of America plummets, European support for the EU soars. Macron and Angie continue to take shots at Trump. A few weeks later, now having solidified their support, they turn around and present a united front of sorts to the US, but this time with Macron making kind noises towards Trump (the way to dear leader's heart is stroking his ego) and presenting himself as Trump's main man in dealing with Europe. This will allow Angie to say whatever she wants, while Europe is still able to maintain a good working relationship with the Americans (which I've always claimed was essential to world stability).

Like 87 said, it looks like they're playing good cop, bad cop. But they absolutely did go on a media blitz to shred Trump, in an effort to gain support domestically....and it worked. That they've shifted gears 6 weeks later doesn't change that. If you want to call that a "bad read" because I didn't see them turning this quickly to try to bring Trump back into the fold, have at it, but that partially speaks to how successful calling him a ********** was as a tactic for managing anti EU sentiment at home was. Which is what I was pointing out in the quoted post.
Poor Macron.

Clearly had to take the fall on this one as he has another 5 years till he faces re-election while Merkel faces the voters in the fall.

Merkel still needs to be the anti Trump for the time being while Macron has to suck it up and be good cop for a while.

Try to follow:

Nothing a few cultural enriching episodes won't fix.

Europe is about due for a bombing, machine gun attack or truck plowing through a crowd. It's been a few weeks.

Nothing a few cultural enriching episodes won't fix.

Europe is about due for a bombing, machine gun attack or truck plowing through a crowd. It's been a few weeks.

You're not capable to maintaining a conversation about a topic, are you? What in the **** does this have to do with my apparently misreading Macron and Angie's reaction to Trump pulling out of the Paris Accord?

You're not capable to maintaining a conversation about a topic, are you? What in the **** does this have to do with my apparently misreading Macron and Angie's reaction to Trump pulling out of the Paris Accord?

Let me connect the obvious dots for you.

Merkel is "bad copping" because she has an election to win.

Merkel is practically single handedly responsible for the "migrant crisis" that has set Western Europe on a Kamikaze course back to the stone ages.

Clear enough?

Let me connect the obvious dots for you.

Merkel is "bad copping" because she has an election to win.

Merkel is practically single handedly responsible for the "migrant crisis" that has set Western Europe on a Kamikaze course back to the stone ages.

Clear enough?

Just like similar culturally enriching experiences were going to put Le Pen in office, right? The Europeans don't seem as worried about it as you are.

i thought the populist revolution and the "true story" of european immigration (that libtards were too blinded by PC and biased media to see) meant that Merks would be kissing trump's ass to get re-elected?

apologize for the insult to vaginas which are so insanely tougher than the trumps and johnnies of the world.

Shame that it's only the sanity department at Fox covering this though. I've got all sorts of time for Shep and Chris.

Back