• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

it's funny that they want everyone to think the civil war was just a normal territorial battle qith heroes on both sides, instead of a war to stop slavery.

but this is what we get for giving the losers participation trophies, I guess.

it's funny that they want everyone to think the civil war was just a normal territorial battle qith heroes on both sides, instead of a war to stop slavery.

Fair point, but they are doing it to the winners too. In Halifax with general Cornwallis for example.

Good for you. That's not their ****ing cause though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/charlottesville-virginia-white-nationalists-march-1.4245131

It happened about two hours after violent clashes broke out between white nationalists, who descended on the town to rally against the city's plans to remove a statue of the Confederal general Robert E. Lee, and others who arrived to protest against racism
Its not their overall cause but the reason they were there was spurred by the decision to remove the statue.

So I support the decision to protest against the removal of the statue, I loathe the group's who are protesting against the removal of the statue because they are skinhead racists whites who believe in white supremacy.

Hope that's clear now.

Well aware of the pretense for the rally.

Though even supporting that is pretty ridiculous. But not surprised that's your stance.

The economic system of slavery and the southern planter aristocracy's desire to keep that intact caused the war, but the North did not go to war to end slavery.

I support not tearing down the statue of general lee.

Anything to say to that?
Right or wrong, these types are triggered by movements to remove monuments of people they admire because others claim they are triggered.

Irony is that to placate one group, others are pissed off. Worst thing to do is tell those who are pissed off, tough shit, live with it you privileged *******s.

Here's the way I see it, the white supremacist idiots went there using the statue of Lee being removed as a pretext to spew their racist hatred of everything. They came prepared to "protest" violently and brazenly displayed their weapons in an intimidation attempt. A few leftist groups bused in willing to oblige them if they got violent. The cops didn't do a good job of keeping the two groups separated. The knuckle draggers were dismissed to the park they were supposed to be at in the first place, not emancipation (Lee) park. With no real direction (or due to being brainless) the supremacists meandered about aimlessly until some of them had the brilliant idea of mowing down people in a crowd on a blocked off street. Now I ask you, how is that any different from one of these radicals from the middle east mowing down people at a market?

Summed up quite well, by the way.

And some of these people absolutely are radical terrorists.

I didn't suggest that the problems were equal, but there's no arguing that the political left isn't generating a pile of rubbish on their own. When a right wing speakers can't show their face around a US college campus for fear of being mobbed, there's a problem in accepting the existence of differing opinions, even when those opinions suck shit. There's a fine line between a legal protest and a dangerous mob, the modern left has passed that line on a number of occasions just in campus protests over the last 18-24 months.

Every now and again you speak a good deal of sense.

Every now and again you speak a good deal of sense.

Nah, I speak sense the vast majority of the time. You still cling to an unfortunate amount of bad ideas for an otherwise intelligent human though, thus we disagree on a number of things

Here's the way I see it, the white supremacist idiots went there using the statue of Lee being removed as a pretext to spew their racist hatred of everything. They came prepared to "protest" violently and brazenly displayed their weapons in an intimidation attempt. A few leftist groups bused in willing to oblige them if they got violent. The cops didn't do a good job of keeping the two groups separated. The knuckle draggers were dismissed to the park they were supposed to be at in the first place, not emancipation (Lee) park. With no real direction (or due to being brainless) the supremacists meandered about aimlessly until some of them had the brilliant idea of mowing down people in a crowd on a blocked off street. Now I ask you, how is that any different from one of these radicals from the middle east mowing down people at a market?

Yep.

Now Trump has to step up and rubbish the false equivalency narrative for real. Not the time to be a weak clown.

Nah, I speak sense the vast majority of the time. You still cling to an unfortunate amount of bad ideas for an otherwise intelligent human though, thus we disagree on a number of things

Nah, law of averages, eventually, if given enough time you'll, eventually make a sensible post.

Time to be a strong clown.

He's an empty vessel. Kelly needs to kick the crap out of Bannon and write Agent Orangutan's next public address.

Aside: delicious that weasel Sessions could be forced to take on a federal civil rights investigation. States rights!

Edit: Heh. Confirmed.

Last edited:
neo-nazis according to who? The biased media?

I don't have to denounce any position. I am not arguing for or against these people, only that they have the right to exist and assemble peacefully without being shut down by the police or by violent fascist thugs.

yes it is very hard to see that they are neo nazis.

DHCaO6rVoAAzCGc.jpg

source

https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/896385942495285248

Yup, thats pretty much how I see it.

Back