• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

More than sad. Pretty embarrassing.

really?

between the flight, the accomodation, the security detail, etc. we're probably looking at 50-100k to send him there for a grandstanding march.

in any event, i suspect that obama's and harper's absences had more to do with hollande telling netenyahu not to come.

plus, i'm pretty sure that some nut just killed a soldier on capital hill then tried to storm the house of commons... with the PM inside.. and nobody flocked here.

really?

between the flight, the accomodation, the security detail, etc. we're probably looking at 50-100k to send him there for a grandstanding march.

in any event, i suspect that obama's and harper's absences had more to do with hollande telling netenyahu not to come.

plus, i'm pretty sure that some nut just killed a soldier on capital hill then tried to storm the house of commons... with the PM inside.. and nobody flocked here.

I meant it was sad that Obama didn't go. The literal figurehead of the war on extremism can't be bothered to show solidarity. Just kind of a shitty response. Harper's epic historical disappointing actions have made him immune to future scorn.

Last edited:
The House Republicans are poised to strip 12 key financial reforms passed in 2010 returning the system essentially back to the way it was which led to the recession.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613732/you-cant-handle-the-truth/

Republicans Post Edited Version Of State Of The Union, Censor Facts On Climate Change

The official website for House Republicans has posted on YouTube a doctored version of President Obama’s State of the Union address which cuts out comments where the President was critical of Republican rhetoric on climate change, ThinkProgress has learned.
In the website’s “enhanced webcast” of the State of the Union speech, President Obama’s comments criticizing Republicans for saying they are “not scientists” when it comes to climate change are erased.
At the 43:25 minute mark, President Obama is supposed to say “I’ve heard some folks try to dodge the evidence by saying they’re not scientists; that we don’t have enough information to act. Well, I’m not a scientist, either. But you know what — I know a lot of really good scientists at NASA, and NOAA, and at our major universities. The best scientists in the world are all telling us that our activities are changing the climate, and if we do not act forcefully, we’ll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods, and massive disruptions that can trigger greater migration, conflict, and hunger around the globe.”...

Tan Man's response to Obama talking about gay marriage.

BrowserPreview_tmp-8.gif

link
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner is inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (neh-ten-YAH'-hoo) to address a joint session of Congress next month and discuss the threat from Iran.

Boehner, in a statement Wednesday, also is rebuffing President Barack Obama's call for Congress to delay new penalties against Iran over its nuclear program.

Boehner says Netanyahu is quite capable of addressing that issue.

The invitation for Netanyahu to speak to lawmakers on Feb. 11 comes hours after Obama, in his State of the Union address, said he would veto any sanctions legislation.

Boehner was informing the GOP caucus of his invitation in a private meeting. He says Obama expects Congress to stand idly by and do nothing while the administration negotiates with Tehran.

Boehner's response: "Hell, no."
John "Boner" invites "Nut-and-Yahoo" to straighten out Iran issues with Congress???
Exhibit A for why America would be screwed if GOP control were allowed to continue at any level.

They are going to **** up the Nuclear talks with Iran.

As Obama said last week, lets see how this plays out over the next couple of months during the scheduled meetings. The odds are not great that there will be an agreement but there needs to be dialogue because if it all breaks down and nothing is resolved, we know military action could happen. If there needs to be new sanctions, the support is there and not in doubt. There is no reason for them to be doing this. NONE!

It is complete and utter sabotage. It is wreckless.

They are going to **** up the Nuclear talks with Iran.

As Obama said last week, lets see how this plays out over the next couple of months during the scheduled meetings. The odds are not great that there will be an agreement but there needs to be dialogue because if it all breaks down and nothing is resolved, we know military action could happen. If there needs to be new sanctions, the support is there and not in doubt. There is no reason for them to be doing this. NONE!

It is complete and utter sabotage. It is wreckless.

Of this I have no doubt. Obama's veto chest thumping will cause the already unstable-minded Republican base to lash out in retaliation for perceived slights.

She's back! Maybe.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/01/24/palin-say-shes-seriously-interested-in-2016-campaign/

DES MOINES — Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin told The Washington Post in an interview Friday that she is “seriously interested” in running for the White House in 2016.

“You can absolutely say that I am seriously interested,” Palin said, when asked to clarify her thinking about a possible presidential bid.

Palin, the GOP’s 2008 vice-presidential nominee, said she stood by comments she made Thursday in Las Vegas to ABC News, where she first expressed enthusiasm about potentially competing for the Republican presidential nomination.

She gave a speech in Iowa yesterday that even the truest conservatives said was a "bizzaro" "incoherent" speech. Even for a Sarah Palin speech it was probably the weirdest, dumbest of them all. This coming from conservatives. I am trying to find a video of it.

Back