• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

second highest grossing political documentary in the US in the last 40 years.

871,000 twitter followers.

I'll readily admit I didn't know who he was, but that's because I don't tweet or have much general awareness of American right-wing commentators. he's also authored a dozen plus books.

but it's pretty clear habitants is just itching for a fight with zeke.
I think we all know the big players in the United States, in politics and media, and even if this guy is the right wing version of Michael Moore, who in the world takes Michael Moore that seriously?

Michael Moore has said some outrageous things, and I don't think many here have used him as a example of how people on the left think.

Yet here we are, going over the Twitter feed of some guy who wishes he was half as successful as Michael Moore.

I think we all know the big players in the United States, in politics and media, and even if this guy is the right wing version of Michael Moore, who in the world takes Michael Moore that seriously?

Michael Moore has said some outrageous things, and I don't think many here have used him as a example of how people on the left think.

Yet here we are, going over the Twitter feed of some guy who wishes he was half as successful as Michael Moore.

I will not make that claim. With respect to American politics, I consider myself well-informed for a Canadian (and let's be realistic, well-informed for an American too likely), but when I lived and worked in DC I was much more plugged in and tuned in to the happenings of DC.

However, I am quite willing to admit the extent of my knowledge (or lack thereof).

Is he as big as Michael Moore, and do people take Michael Moore all that seriously compared to regular commentators?

He's different than Michael moore, it's not really the best comparison despite both having made successful documentaries.

Regardless, he's a very significant right wing commentator in the US. You look pretty silly here with insisting to argue a point from pure ignorance

He's different than Michael moore, it's not really the best comparison despite both having made successful documentaries.

Regardless, he's a very significant right wing commentator in the US. You look pretty silly here with insisting to argue a point from pure ignorance

Who would be a good comparable on the left in your opinion then?

I felt I was being generous comparing him to Moore.

His lack of knowledge about how much money documentaries usually make is even sillier.

His lack of knowledge about how much money documentaries usually make is even sillier.

I'm more questioning the reach and impact of these documentaries.

Maybe it's because I don't engulf myself in right wing propaganda, I don't see these having anywhere close to the impact Fahrenheit 9-11 had. Something meaty for the fringes, obviously ignored by the masses.

As such, when someone as obscure as him, and lets be clear, you ask the average american to name 3 political commentators and his name probably never comes up, post something stupid on twitter, and it's immediately debunked, how is this news?

Dumb conservative is dumb on twitter, more at 11?

He's nowhere near as infuential as Michael Moore, but these documentaries made a lot of money as far as documentaries go.

Dumb conservative is dumb on twitter, more at 11?

It's the hypocrisy mixed with outright fabrications that is extremely frustrating. That and the fact that they pull this shit so often.

He's nowhere near as infuential as Michael Moore, but these documentaries made a lot of money as far as documentaries go.

It's the hypocrisy mixed with outright fabrications that is extremely frustrating. That and the fact that they pull this shit so often.

Here's the thing.

If Michael Moore said something stupid on twitter, I would immediately say the same thing. Something along the lines of, hey, calm down, its Michael Moore, let's not take him seriously. And he's Michael Moore. This guy wishes he was Michael Moore.

Avi Lewis or Ezra Levant here in canada, same thing. They tweet some nonsense, immediately debunked. To me, it reveals nothing more than nutjobs have access to twitter.

So when this Dsouza character posts dumb shit, its not news, it just shows that there are dumb people on twitter. These aren't journalists, these aren't policy makers, these aren't people that any self respecting person takes seriously nomatter how much airtime they get, why the hell is it news when they post stupid shit on twitter?

I dunno, I guess I'm not as political as zeke and as such I am immune to insignificant people talking out of their asses. Actually, not true. I remember callijg zeke out for saying that foxnews.com didn't have the Flynn plea deal on its site, and zeke is very insignificant

Last edited:
Back