• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

it bears repeating because of all the misdirection even in this thread, but the fact of the matter is that nazis were marching in the name of the president of the USA, and he defended them.

Yep. And if you watched that Vice segment they plan on more marching and killing in the name of whites and Trump.

Fortunately, it has not only been the extreme left that opposing them.

Clearly an informant.

y'know, it is clear to everyone other than you that you are really grasping at straws when you become convinced that people like David Duke and Richard Spencer are actually working for the government against the white supremacist movements they have nurtured for all these years.

but I've accepted the fact that I am incapable of making you believe anything other than what you have already decided, in advance, to be true. facts be damned.

I seriously can't believe this is the world we live in.

Trump isn't a white supremacist. He's just an idiot who doesn't know how to string together a coherent sentence.

Odd that the "good guys" are the ones that incited the violence, but that nobody seems too concerned about it.

The police did their job in Seattle...and nothing major happened.

Imagine that.

Simple question: who are the racists? That is the only issue.

Answer the question. Anything else is a cowardly deflection.

Odd that the "good guys" are the ones that incited the violence, but that nobody seems too concerned about it.

The police did their job in Seattle...and nothing major happened.

Imagine that.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/what-trump-gets-wrong-about-antifa/537048/

In his Tuesday press conference, Donald Trump talked at length about what he called “the alt left.” White supremacists, he claimed, weren’t the only people in Charlottesville last weekend that deserved condemnation. “You had a group on the other side that was also very violent,” he declared. “Nobody wants to say that.”

I can say with great confidence that Trump’s final sentence is untrue. I can do so because the September issue of*TheAtlantic*contains an essay of mine entitled “The Rise of the Violent Left,” which discusses the very phenomenon that Trump claims “nobody wants” to discuss. Trump is right that, in Charlottesville and beyond, the violence of some leftist activists constitutes a real problem. Where he’s wrong is in suggesting that it’s a problem in any way comparable to white supremacism

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/what-trump-gets-wrong-about-antifa/537048/

What Trump calls “the alt left” (I’ll explain why that’s a bad term later) is actually antifa, which is short for anti-fascist. The movement traces its roots to the militant leftists who in the 1920s and 1930s brawled with fascists on the streets of Germany, Italy, and Spain. It revived in the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, when anti-racist punks in Britain and Germany mobilized to defeat Neo-Nazi skinheads who were infiltrating the music scene. Via punk, groups calling themselves anti-racist action—and later, anti-fascist action or antifa—sprung up in the United States. They have seen explosive growth in the Trump era for an obvious reason: There’s more open white supremacism to mobilize against.

As I argued in my essay, some of their tactics are genuinely troubling. They’re troubling tactically because conservatives use antifa’s violence to justify—or at least distract from—the violence of white supremacists, as Trump did in his press conference. They’re troubling strategically because they allow white supremacists to depict themselves as victims being denied the right to freely assemble. And they’re troubling morally because antifa activists really do infringe upon that right. By using violence, they reject the moral legacy of the civil-rights movement’s fight against white supremacy. And by seeking to deny racists the ability to assemble, they reject the moral legacy of the ACLU, which in 1977 went to the Supreme Court to defend the right of neo-Nazis to march through Skokie, Illinois.

y'know, it is clear to everyone other than you that you are really grasping at straws when you become convinced that people like David Duke and Richard Spencer are actually working for the government against the white supremacist movements they have nurtured for all these years.

but I've accepted the fact that I am incapable of making you believe anything other than what you have already decided, in advance, to be true. facts be damned.

It seems pretty clear to me that these are government operatives. Duke is clearly tasked with making Trump look bad. How has he survived as a public figure after all these decades of people shitting on him?

I had suspicions about Richard Spencer after the hail trump nonsense last year, and now I'm 100% convinced that he is working for some gov't agency.

The government (choose your agency) always infiltrates radical groups. Al Sharpton is a rat. Gloria Steinem is a rat. They're everywhere and eventually, they are exposed.

You'd have to be an idiot to believe that Richard Spencer and David Duke are legitimate.

So, yes, antifa is not a figment of the conservative imagination. It’s a moral problem that liberals need to confront.

But saying it’s a problem is vastly different than implying, as Trump did, that it’s a problem equal to white supremacism. Using the phrase “alt-left” suggests a moral equivalence that simply doesn’t exist.

For starters, while antifa perpetrates violence, it doesn’t perpetrate it on anything like the scale that white nationalists do. It’s no coincidence that it was a Nazi sympathizer—and not an antifa activist—who committed murder in Charlottesville. According to the*Anti-Defamation League, right-wing extremists committed 74 percent of the 372 politically motivated murders recorded in the United States between 2007 and 2016. Left-wing extremists committed less than 2 percent

Second, antifa activists don’t wield anything like the alt-right’s power. White, Christian supremacy has been government policy in the United States for much of American history. Anarchism has not. That’s why there are no statues of Mikhail Bakunin in America’s parks and government buildings. Antifa boasts no equivalent to Steve Bannon, who called his old publication,*Breitbart, “the platform for the alt-right,” and now works in the White House. It boasts no equivalent to Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, who bears the middle name of a Confederate general and the first name of the Confederacy’s president, and who allegedly called the NAACP “un-American.” It boasts no equivalent to Alex Jones, who Donald Trump praised as “amazing.” Even if antifa’s vision of society were as noxious as the “alt-right’s,” it has vastly less power to make that vision a reality.

It seems pretty clear to me that these are government operatives. Duke is clearly tasked with making Trump look bad. How has he survived as a public figure after all these decades of people shitting on him?

I had suspicions about Richard Spencer after the hail trump nonsense last year, and now I'm 100% convinced that he is working for some gov't agency.

The government (choose your agency) always infiltrates radical groups. Al Sharpton is a rat. Gloria Steinem is a rat. They're everywhere and eventually, they are exposed.

You'd have to be an idiot to believe that Richard Spencer and David Duke are legitimate.

you realize the lengths you have to go to in order to convince yourself that your ridiculous narrative is accurate?

ironically, you have absolutely no proof or concrete evidence of these claims. only theorizing. the irony is that back when Russian collusion and meddling was a hot story, you shat all over everyone for even having the audacity to suggest that the large mountain of smoke (i.e. actual evidence of collusion) is not actually there.

however, when it suits your needs, a tiny, undetectable, whiff of smoke is proof positive of a raging forest fire right in front of our eyes.

pull your head out of your ****ing ass man.

So, yes, antifa is not a figment of the conservative imagination. It’s a moral problem that liberals need to confront.

But saying it’s a problem is vastly different than implying, as Trump did, that it’s a problem equal to white supremacism. Using the phrase “alt-left” suggests a moral equivalence that simply doesn’t exist.

For starters, while antifa perpetrates violence, it doesn’t perpetrate it on anything like the scale that white nationalists do. It’s no coincidence that it was a Nazi sympathizer—and not an antifa activist—who committed murder in Charlottesville. According to the*Anti-Defamation League, right-wing extremists committed 74 percent of the 372 politically motivated murders recorded in the United States between 2007 and 2016. Left-wing extremists committed less than 2 percent

so all of a sudden you are back to caring about racism and white supremacists being bad?

hqdefault.jpg

The good guys.

:lol

Yeah ok.

you realize the lengths you have to go to in order to convince yourself that your ridiculous narrative is accurate?

ironically, you have absolutely no proof or concrete evidence of these claims. only theorizing. the irony is that back when Russian collusion and meddling was a hot story, you shat all over everyone for even having the audacity to suggest that the large mountain of smoke (i.e. actual evidence of collusion) is not actually there.

however, when it suits your needs, a tiny, undetectable, whiff of smoke is proof positive of a raging forest fire right in front of our eyes.

pull your head out of your ****ing ass man.

There is no evidence of Russia collusion. That's why they've moved on to the white supremacy angle.

What's next?

Back