• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

NPR
@NPR
John Dowd confirms to NPR that he is leaving the Trump legal team handling the special counsel investigation.

“I love the president and wish him well,” Dowd said. He would not say why he is leaving the team.

flashback:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong. I am VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and.....

9:41am · 11 Mar 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

Lawyers don't leave because they have a guilty client....

The leave because their client is either making it impossible for them to mount a defence for them, their client is going to use their advice to break a law, are trying to force their lawyer to violate a law or their code of ethics, or aren't paying their bills.

Only the last one doesn't end up leaving grounds for impeachment in this situation.

Lawyers don't leave because they have a guilty client....

The leave because their client is either making it impossible for them to mount a defence for them, their client is going to use their advice to break a law, are trying to force their lawyer to violate a law or their code of ethics, or aren't paying their bills.

Only the last one doesn't end up leaving grounds for impeachment in this situation.

Trump could have unofficially fired him too. He seems to prefer it when people leave 'on their own' as opposed to being shitcanned, ala Flynn, Rex saga, etc.

But it would not surprise me in the least if Trump has instructed his counsel to do things that are illegal.

McMaster To Resign As National Security Adviser, And Will Be Replaced By John Bolton – NYT

This is more than a little bit scary. Bolton is a hawkish lunatic.

Back