• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

LOfukcingL

Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie
WOW. Novartis source tells @statnews Cohen came to them promising "access to not just Trump, but also the circle around him … we were hiring him as a lobbyist.”

After a bad first meeting with Cohen, @Novartis kept paying him so as not to “anger” Trump. statnews.com/pharmalot/2018…

FoxNewsInsider @FoxNewsInsider
Oliver North: @realDonaldTrump Should Sanction Iran and Anybody Who Does Business With Them @foxandfriends insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/08/oli…

amazing.

Brian Schatz
@brianschatz
It is super weird and unrelated to any recent revelations that the price of prescription medicine is skyrocketing and that the FCC just eliminated net neutrality.

3:48pm · 9 May 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

huh. makes you think.

These things take time. Habsy and Altair seem to be conflating "nothing found yet" with "nothing will be found"

File me under the camp of that don't impressed me much up until the point they find something that can take trump out of office.

Then I will be plenty impressed.

File me under the camp of that don't impressed me much up until the point they find something that can take trump out of office.

Then I will be plenty impressed.

Sure, and I definitely want that as well. But if everyone and everything he touched on his way to the whitehouse goes to jail around him and he's only immunized due to the slow grinding wheels of the legal system figuring out if a President can actually be indicted, and they can't get impeachment through the Senate, but it turns his final two years into gridlock where stupidity like his tax cuts, pulling out of Paris, JCPOA, getting regressive bought and paid for douche bags confirmed for cabinet positions, etc becomes significantly more challenging. Yeah, I'll ****ing take that.

Trump is legitimately dangerous to US democracy. If this does nothing more than grind the wheels of his administration to a halt until he's a civilian again and not protected for the crimes he committed prior to his presidency, okay.

The biggest takeway from this period of history imo needs to be that if you're a Trump like figure, stay the **** away from this level of politics because someone will come for you and make you answer for your crimes, with a healthy side order of warning for any political party that is willing to completely jettison any remote connection to anything resembling an ideal. That the American voter will sooner or later punish you as well.

What I'm really saying though is that there are gradients of victory here. Indictment and impeachment would be total victory, Mortal Kombat "fatality" type victory. There are other acceptable levels of victory that are possible here, and I'm good with that.

Last edited:
...The biggest takeway from this period of history imo needs to be that if you're a Trump like figure, stay the **** away from this level of politics because someone will come for you and make you answer for your crimes, with a healthy side order of warning for any political party that is willing to completely jettison any remote connection to anything resembling an ideal. That the American voter will sooner or later punish you as well.

I hope so, 'cause I don't think we can get the Americans to pay for our wall.

It's legit.

We've seen this movie before with NK. They'll play nice because they want money/aid from the group of interested nations They'll get it in return for promising to shutter their nuclear program.

Any meaningful breakthrough here is going to come from SK & China. NK's goal is regime survival but they balance on a knife's edge. If the citizens are too poor, they revolt. If the citizens are too rich, they revolt. So NK "needs" to keep them in the middle where it requires all of their energy just to provide for their absolute basic human needs of food and shelter.

If SK & China can develop a road map to NK being able to leap frog the step of "citizens are too rich and revolt" and get NK to becoming a richer nation while still ensuring regime survival, they're likely in.

As opposed to conflating something has been found as opposed to allegations?

I made a vague prediction about how it will end badly for your Prez, but otherwise, I'm just enjoying the show. Lots of twist and turns, plus some very quirky characters.

It's legit.

We've seen this movie before with NK. They'll play nice because they want money/aid from the group of interested nations They'll get it in return for promising to shutter their nuclear program.

Any meaningful breakthrough here is going to come from SK & China. NK's goal is regime survival but they balance on a knife's edge. If the citizens are too poor, they revolt. If the citizens are too rich, they revolt. So NK "needs" to keep them in the middle where it requires all of their energy just to provide for their absolute basic human needs of food and shelter.

If SK & China can develop a road map to NK being able to leap frog the step of "citizens are too rich and revolt" and get NK to becoming a richer nation while still ensuring regime survival, they're likely in.

I was mocking "No mention" part

@ritholtz
Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen (using same pseudonyms as with Stormy Daniels) paid a Playboy Bunny $1.6m to terminate her pregnancy.
Will Evangelicals stick around if it turns out Trump was the father & he insisted on an abortion?

It’s okay to admit your wrong. This isn’t a party thing man, it’s a scumbag thing. Schneiderman resigned lightning fast which likely means he’s in trouble. The other asshat should retire but thinks he can beat the rap.

no way that Kennedy would survive that in the internet age, you know it and so do I.

Back