• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Trump is tricking the GOP into a fundamental shift. Lol. Sheep.

Tonight, the GOP has cheered for childcare, equal pay, opposing free trade and ending corporate donations.

While also cheering an openly gay speaker who spoke out against bathroom legislation and called for an end to the culture wars.

They did this, because their candidate throws them the red meat they want on immigration and national security.

Think about that.

‏@jonlovett
Ivanka: My father is a warm, kind man who believes in each of us
Trump: SHOUTS ABOUT FOREIGNERS FOR TWO HOURS

Tonight, the GOP has cheered for childcare, equal pay, opposing free trade and ending corporate donations.

While also cheering an openly gay speaker who spoke out against bathroom legislation and called for an end to the culture wars.

They did this, because their candidate throws them the red meat they want on immigration and national security.

Think about that.
He gave them someone else to hate. Gays are okay now.

Could he have choreographed a lot of these "unforced errors" in the larger scheme of moving the GOP towards the center on social issues? Naw can't be.

and yet, he's moving them to the left by promising to rip up trade deals and spending trillions on infrastructure. I think it's wise not to read too much into all this shouting.

Could he have choreographed a lot of these "unforced errors" in the larger scheme of moving the GOP towards the center on social issues? Naw can't be.

I'm not sure centre is accurate.

This Party is still remarkably pro-murder. It's just different murder now.

I am amazed at how many Americans hate their lives and what their country has become.

Seriously? Pro-murder?

:nono

Okay, so that was an attempt at wit that went sideways.

But seriously, folks, I said this to people tonight. Ivanka and others at this convention did one very small but terribly significant thing. They made him seem like your racist uncle.

Now, why is that significant?

Because the Democratic narrative is basically "this is a person with dangerous, authoritarian tendencies. You do not want this man as President".

The Republican counter programming "No, he's your racist uncle. He's lovably flawed. Maybe you wouldn't normally vote for him as President, but he's running against the most corrupt Democrat in history, so........"

I hope they've failed. But there are a number of people predicting Trump's numbers go up by Monday. Some saying significantly. My gut tells me they're right. My brain is telling me to buy canned goods.

Every nominee's numbers go up right after the convention. I'll be more interested to see where they are in a week or two. After the Democratic Convention and after the things that were said this week sink in a little bit (some Trump supporters are a little slow).

Trump could win the popular vote and lose the election. Mark Cuban thinks that's Trump's ultimate goal -- boast about winning the popularity contest without being stuck with the rigours of the job

I think Trump's purported racism is overblown. It's a Democrat narrative. I think he's just a blowhard. Sure he's said stupid things but this narrative of racism? His personal history doesn't support that. He's just a loudmouth idiot.

Back