• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

My guitar playing has improved dramatically.
I recently renovated my main floor, including raising a sunken living room, new kitchen, new floors, paint. Took a year, but I did it.
Fixed the gears on my bike, never done that before.
Made a killer deck for Clash Royale...I owe it all to YouTube.

In YouTube I trust.

As a hunter, I am happy with what Trump said.

Considering his comments I assume he is going to advocate for a policy change that would allow for increased checks to take place before being allowed to purchase a weapon. He himself said this is a "mental health" issue. You gotta think that means stricter rules about mental capacities and illness are coming forward.

More great news is that I assume he will be advocating for more money to be invested into mental health research and services.

Good day for the United States.

Good day for the United States?

Really?

People get murdered in a church, in cold blood.... good day for the country?

DN-TLJuXUAABpcq.jpg:large

tell us more, plz.

David Leonhardt
@DLeonhardt
Wow: Households making $5+ million get an average tax cut of $300k.
Households making below $55,000 get a tax hike. taxpolicycenter.org/sites/default/…

#Catalyst4Change

So apparently the shooter passed two background checks. So much for that theory.

So it wasn't a diagnosed mental health condition like Trump implied????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

What exactly are the background checks for buying a gun in Texas?

So it wasn't a diagnosed mental health condition like Trump implied????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

What exactly are the background checks for buying a gun in Texas?
I think it goes without saying that anyone willing to actually kill someone, let alone dozens of people, has some sort of mental or emotional issues.

I think it goes without saying that anyone willing to actually kill someone, let alone dozens of people, has some sort of mental or emotional issues.

Sure. But if we can diagnose these more properly - we can add these conditions to gun control checks. Keep guns in the hands of responsible hunters. Make it harder for folks with conditions to access them.

It's a simple policy change. You can do it America!!!

Naw, any predisposition to violence should send up serious flags.

I think we'll definitely see a bunch of articles about this. Apparently he was refused a texas permit, so their state check showed something, but the FBI check didn't. Unless if the gun store somehow didn't run the check, and him just checking off "no" on a form was enough for them somehow.

Although I would expect we'll see some pro-gun people take this as a reason to not even bother with background checks if they don't even work...

I think we'll definitely see a bunch of articles about this. Apparently he was refused a texas permit, so their state check showed something, but the FBI check didn't. Unless if the gun store somehow didn't run the check, and him just checking off "no" on a form was enough for them somehow.

Although I would expect we'll see some pro-gun people take this as a reason to not even bother with background checks if they don't even work...

Not an issue considering they work everywhere.

Sure. But if we can diagnose these more properly - we can add these conditions to gun control checks. Keep guns in the hands of responsible hunters. Make it harder for folks with conditions to access them.

It's a simple policy change. You can do it America!!!
If that were possible and at least 90% accurate I'd be down for it.

Back