• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

He's only "not wrong" if the possibility of a second Korean war is something that you frequently beat off to.

If the US has said that they are unwilling to accept a nuclear armed north korea, and are willing to go to war to back that claim up(one made by multiple administrations, not just trumps) then if sanctions dont work, war it is.

And he's right, it would be rather unfortunate for the world.

If Obama had threatened war with Korea, the market would have tanked hard. Proof that the real power behind the throne thinks Trump is full of shit is in the market not giving a **** about Trump threatening WW3.

If Obama had threatened war with Korea, the market would have tanked hard. Proof that the real power behind the throne thinks Trump is full of shit is in the market not giving a **** about Trump threatening WW3.

What happens to the markets if America does go to war?

I simply imagined it was already priced in.

What happens to the markets if America does go to war?

With a nuclear armed opponent who might be able to hit the west coast, and can definitely hit Hawaii? One would have to assume at least a bit of panic selling.

You think that the market has priced in Los Angeles being uninhabitable for the next couple thousand years?

With a nuclear armed opponent who might be able to hit the west coast, and can definitely hit Hawaii? One would have to assume at least a bit of panic selling.

You think that the market has priced in Los Angeles being uninhabitable for the next couple thousand years?

Someone doesn't trust the missile defense system.

Give yer head a shake. You're basically saying that if North Korea signed a peace treaty and gave up their nukes over the weekend, the DOW would rocket up 2000+ points on Monday.

The market is priced to perfection at the moment. The only thing it seems worried about is rising rates. Any threat from North Korean (or Mueller for that matter) is being afforded a very tiny discount.

It might look more like Aleppo than Nagasaki, but assuming nothing is radioactive I will grab something.

Another "procedural" guilty plea

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/23/for...l-rick-gates-pleads-guilty-on-two-counts.html

Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign official, pleaded guilty on Friday in special counsel Robert Mueller's case against him and former campaign manager Paul Manafort.

Gates pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy against the United States and one count of making a false statement. Both counts were issued in a new superseding information on Friday.

According to the new information, Gates knowingly lied when he told the special counsel that Manafort, after a March 2013 meeting with a lobbyist and a member of Congress, had said that Ukraine had not been mentioned in the meeting. Not only was that statement never made, the information says, but Gates himself helped prepare a report describing the discussions on Ukraine that had taken place at that meeting.

That false statement was made on Feb. 1 — the same day Gates' legal counsel filed a motion to withdraw as his defense.

Gates also pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the U.S. by making false statements regarding his status as a foreign agent, a charge initially proffered in the first indictment from Oct. 27, 2017.

According to the sentencing guidelines, Gates could face nearly six years in prison. But the special counsel could petition the court to reduce his sentencing time, Reuters reported, based on his cooperation with investigators.

anybody know of any good books untangling the webs of influence of the NRA? if that story hasn't been told on paper, it should be. lobbying, influence peddling, buying power, brand loyalty, and an executive making stupid, stupid money. there's a lot going on there.

Back